Part 2. Him

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ him ࿐ྂ

I now sit amongst family members of Jisung-some Ive met, some are unfamiliar. It was now the lunch gathering after the burial- an array of food to grab and numerous tables to either take time to yourself or talk to relatives that are grieving the same as you.

It was a relatively pleasing room. I suppose the Han's rented out this event hall room and likely set it up yesterday. Jisung's family sat at one table together, Chan had left to take time for himself, and Minho sat with the rest of Jisung's family. They invited me to take a seat, but I didn't want to add onto the energy of sorrow at the table, so I just walked to an empty table. I needed time to think anyways. I was hoping no one saw me and talked to me out of pity.

There was a bright chandelier that lit the room in the center of the high, angled ceilings. The tables weren't cheap, but they weren't too luxurious. All of the food was set up in a buffet style line, the floor was polished brown wood, giving a shiny effect. The windows were stained glass on the white walls and the sound of reuniting family mingling filled the room. But what stood out to me most was the glistening, opal white piano that stood in a corner of the room. I'd assumed it was always there by the event center, knowing that probably no one in the room but me knew how to play it, so why would they rent out a whole piano? It was absolutely gorgeous. There were various children who would walk up to it and press keys playfully, giggling at the funny notes.

After observing the large room for a while, I decided to finally walk up to the food line and grab a meal, though I had little to no appetite in that moment. I was the only one as everyone had already waited in that long line for their food. I grabbed a plate for the stack and begin placing things like tteokbokki and rice on my plate. After grabbing a few fruit slices, I frowned at seeing that my plate would not have any room for more food. Letting out a small groan, I went to place my first plate down on my lonesome table and came back for my dessert options, my excitement and sweet tooth enhancing.

Grabbing cookies, Jell-o, and a brownie, I looked at all of the different pie options they had. I was stuck between pumpkin and apple since they were both my favorites and I'm indecisive. As I was waving my fork over both of them in an 'eenie meenie miney mo' situation, a voice behind me appeared.

"Can't decide?"

It was mellow and gentle, but strong and confident. I let out a light chuckle, keeping my eyes on the dessert in front of me.
"Yeah, I suppose so." I responded.

"Pumpkin. It's healthier." I let out the same chortle at the voice's words.

"And why is that?" I looked over at the source of the voice and dropped every last bit of sarcasm in my body. My goodness, the carrier of this sound was not what I was expecting.
Behind me, stood a tall, slick man with the eyes of a panther. He had his raven-like hair pulled back into a bun with elegant strands hanging in front of his forehead. He wore a chic, black buttoned blazer and black slacks. The way his facial features held themselves made it look like he was sculpted by mythological architects themselves. It was the mix of a night sky and the best sunny day in the way he projected himself with such radiance. A work of art, he was. He looked like complete royalty and I could only wonder, how on Earth do the Han's know this man?

"Pumpkin pie has more calcium and protein- it's good for your bones." He smiled warmly at me and I felt entranced. Goodness, I've never seen this man in my life and he's single-handedly the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Quickly snapping out of my daze, I had to respond.