Top 5 matchups in a different light

What's going on guys it's Mario and Sonic gamer and today I'm going to be going over a new Top 5 and that is the Top 5 matchups in a different light this is a list of matchups that I either didn't like at first, wasn't interested in, or I thought was okay and see them in a new light, likely because I'm no longer a death battle fan so without further ado lets get started

5. Sasuke VS Mei (Naruto VS Honkai Impact 3rd)

When I first saw this matchup I was a bit confused at first even after reading the connections although at the time I haven't played Honkai Impact 3rd but after playing series for the first time and doing some more research I finally understood th...

When I first saw this matchup I was a bit confused at first even after reading the connections although at the time I haven't played Honkai Impact 3rd but after playing series for the first time and doing some more research I finally understood the connections are especially after playing Chapter 17 during the Nagazora arc. For those who are confused in Chapter 17 Kiana and Mei had their battle on top or the same rooftop where they fought on 3 years ago when Kiana was trying to save Mei from herself after being possessed by her Herrscher persona. Now their fighting again however the only reason why they were fighting is because Kiana is trying to stop Mei from joining World Serpent, early on in the Chapter, Mei was desperate to save Kiana who had only 2 months left to live after a Honkai energy infection she recited an offer from Kevin Kaslana to become a Herrscher to save Kiana. Lament of the Fallen arc came out back in 2020 a lot of people had compared this fight with Naruto and Sasuke specifically during the events of the Final Valley in the Sasuke Retrieval Mission arc. While I've done a chapter comparing Kiana and Mei to Naruto and Sasuke that you can find on my table of context to keep things brief both duos involve a protagonist and a deuteragonist having common experiences of loneliness the deuteragonists are prodigies and while the protagonists are knucklehead and slightly bratty and often fall behind but as the series the deuteragonists started to be the ones who fall behind the protagonists making them insecure feeling that they are unable to achieve their goals, this lead them to making deals with major villains who offered them power after that the protagonists and deuteragonists had one of their most emotional fights in their respective series with the deuteragonists winning and leaving to join the villains giving a protagonists a goal to one day bring them back. They remained separated for the remainder of the series before teaming up in the final arc against a bigger threat and they rekindled their relationship. While their motives are different the fact of the matter is that Mei is literally the female video game version of Sasuke they have almost so much similarities even in their respective adulthoods the similarities continue with both training new protagonists and battle aliens weather it'd be the Otsutsuki clan or the Sky People like there's just so much going on like it's in same. Because of this I actually believe that Mei is a better match for Sasuke than Hiei. I know someone said that hack then HI3 wasn't big in lore and Sasuke was inspired off of Hiei however if I learned anything about not being a Death Battle fan anymore it's that not having enough lore and being inspired doesn't mean jack shit for example Akko VS Coco. Coco is the main protagonist of this manga series called Witch Hat Atelier and as of right now yet that didn't stop Coco from being a much better opponent for Akko than Luz and also despite Luz being injured off of Akko, Deku and Anne are better opponents for both of them and also it's worth mentioning that Sasuke was on inspired from Hiei via the Sharingan everywhere else he's more like Killua and Kurapika from Hunter X Hunter and also despite some of the similarities in reality Sasuke and Hiei are mostly polar opposites one gave up on revenge by his own free will and the other didn't give up until someone stopped him that should tell you the clear differences between the two. While Hiei wasn't a bad matchup, Mei has simply proven to be the superior one because both are incredible lightning users, which makes sense because Sasuke is more of a lightning user than a fire user anyways, Hiei was Sasuke's best until he wasn't. But that's just my opinion.