Why Marvel and DC sucks now

What's going on guys it's Mario and Sonic gamer and today we're going to be talking about Marvel and DC. Now as you guys can tell by the title of this chapter, Marvel and DC sucks now. I remember back when I was a little child that I loved Marvel and DC, I obsessed with this just as I was with Mario and Sonic, I loved several of their movies and TV shows, I used to have Batman, Iron Man, Superman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Thor, Flash, Captain America, Thanos, and Darkseid as some of my favorite fictional characters of all time and all and all I really did love Marvel and DC I was just a kid growing up into my elementary to high school years, but looking at the current state of both franchises as an adult having a job and in college it pains me to have to say this but Marvel and DC suck now if I'm being honest here so for today's chapter I'm going to be explaining why Marvel and DC are kinda ass and I know I'm going to get a lot of hate from both fanbases but I don't care. Noe before we get started I just need to point out that no I don't hate Marvel and DC I just want to point out why it absolutely sucks now in my opinion, so without further ado let's get started.

OP characters over character development

The first reason why I'm not into Marvel and DC anymore is the obvious powerscaling issue as well as the issue of being way too overpowered. If you guys didn't see my last chapter on why Powerscaling sucks now you would know some of the main issues I have with it but the thing is for most verses that can easily but that's not the case with Marvel and DC as the scaling in those verses are WAY too complicated so much so it's hard to measure. Based on some of the cosmologies in both verses it is very clear that the writers are trying so hard to make their respective verses as OP as possible IDK if it's because of they are trying to compete with each other or other fictional verses either way it's gone completely bad and they seem to be putting powerscaling over storytelling if you want some context let's take a look at some examples, Superman is an overpowered Kryptonian that's only major weakness is Kryptonite and a specific form of magic, now all of the sudden those weaknesses don't matter anymore because Superman is now become a literal god all because he symbolizes hope which doesn't make any sense and it got even worse when now all the past iterations of him are now canon, we have people like Scarlet Witch and Zatanna who now if they really wanted to can utterly destroy their verses whenever they want, we have Thanos who snaps half the universe just to impress a woman is know beyond the concept of Death itself, we have Doomsday who before could only come back for a while now all of the sudden can come back if someone even things about him. Like there's just so many examples of the writers making all of their characters way too op so much so that any weakness that they have as well as any character development they have is no all thrown out the window like garbage and don't even get me started on characters like The One Above All, the Beyonder, Pralaya, Presence, and many more broken ass characters that can destroy literally everything. Like to anyone who has ever wondered why I barely put any Marvel and DC characters on Mario, Sonic, Mega Man DEATH BATTLE well here's the reason why because all these characters are being too OP for literally no reason now I'm starting to understand why Stan Lee said the character winning is based on who's writing the story. Like I can work at DC and have Batman destroy all of DC without any prep time if I wrote the story. Now I know what you guys are saying: Oh you're just mad because Marvel and DC solos your favorite verse. Listen I don't care if they solo my favorite verse, it doesn't matter if one character from Marvel or DC solos all of Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Mega Man, Dragon Ball, Kingdom Hearts, Honkai Impact 3rd, Devil May Cry, Ben 10, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Invincible, or literally any verse what matters is the context and the storytelling because the way these writers are writing the characters they are almost unrecognizable like Superman being as OP as he is now being almost unstoppable because he's a symbol of hope utterly destroys Superman's character. Superman doesn't want to be this all powerful God the end all be all he just wants to save people and do the right thing much like how Batman doesn't want to all powerful but to make them as such completely destroys the characters. I don't mind Superman being the literal embodiment of hope in fact that's what he's been established for decades now but if you reach a point where it destroys the character that's where the problem comes in. I'm not saying you can't have ridiculous OP characters and not destroy their character development. Goku's goal is to be OP as possible and his character is pretty much find. Archie Sonic is damn OP too and complicated just as much as Marvel and DC but at least they don't do it to the point where they destroy his character. Kiana Kaslana is OP like as the Herrscher of Finality she has total control over all things Honkai in all of existence but they did it in a way that doesn't obliterate her character. Hell even Invincible by the end of his series is by far the strongest Viltumite in the series. These characters are perfect examples that you can be pretty OP and solo anyone they come across yet they're characters aren't destroyed or assassinated because when looking at the current state of DC and Marvel all the characters that I once loved years growing up are gone like I can't even recognize them When writing a franchise especially as big as Marvel and DC, you can make your characters strong enough to one shot my favorite verses but if you reach a point where it utterly destroys the characters development that you've established or it just doesn't make any sense it's just going to turn into a complete collapsing mess.

Lack if creativity

The second reason why Marvel and DC sucks now is due to the lack creativity. Now this is coming from the movie and TV show side of things pretty what Marvel and DC had as far as creativity goes is all thrown out the window when it comes to forced characters that nobody wants, or storylines that don't make any sense what so ever. Let's start things off with Marvel. What made the Marvel Cinematic Universe so great is the creativity and storylines that made sense I remember how the MCU was always a movie event in phases 1, 2, and 3 like some of my favorites characters in the MCU were hands down Iron Man, Captain America, and Thanos they did a great job in having these guys go throw massive character developments over the years, but after they're gone in Avengers Endgame this leads us to characters in Phases 4 and onwards that nobody wants or cares about like Ironheart, Ms. Marvel, the Eternals, and a few others and they make forced storylines that make no sense like Fury getting his scar because if an alien cat when it was already established that the scar was actually something much more severe like a burn or something in the Winter Soldier and on top of that theres was no creative direction. And don't get me started on the DC Extended Universe and the Arrowverse. Those franchises started off good but after that like DCEU the only real good films where Man of Steel, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League Snyder Cut, Wonder Woman, and Shazam were all good but the rest of the movies were complete and utter garbage with people clearly not having any directions at all for what's happening. The Arrowverse was great especially Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl, but after Crisis ended it was just all over the place so much so in fact that I dropped Arrowverse entirely in 2020. Like all these franchises completely lack all creativity that they once had and are just there to completely stay a float on an already. But there is an actual reason behind this lack of creativity.

Woke identity politics

Finally the last reason why Marvel and DC sucks now is all the woke identity politics that has been shoved into their stories lately not just movies and TV shows but comics as well. Going from my previous point Marvel and DC nowadays late creativity but part of that reason is due to the fact that nowadays they are more focused on woke identity politics than actual storytelling and entertainment. As people like Ryan Kinel RK Outpost, ENDYMIONtv, Derek Anderson The D.A., YoungRippa59, Melonie Mac Go Boom, Geeks and Gamers, Yellowflash2, Amala Ekpunobi, The Critical Drinker, Hero Hei, and many others have pointed out Western entertainment rather it's comic books, movies, TV shows, video games, jobs, schools, and literally anything else have all fallen for the woke virus as people are know more focused on race swapping, women empowerment, LGBT ideology, body positivity, and many more shoved down to people's faces. Marvel and DC are now different they are hiring people if they check the boxes of wokeness and as a result many of their comics are now utterly destroyed adding in new characters that nobody asked for, changing sexualities, of many characters, they even have some women be completely ugly, and even have Superboy protesting in clement change, like all these ideologies are being shoved in our faces as these comics are not here to entertain you they are clearly there to preach to you on how you should be living your life and if you disagree with these woke ideologies you're either racist, homophobic, hate women, fatphobic, transphobic, and everything else. Like these woke weirdos are so out of touch with reality I don't even know how much and the fact that Marvel and DC are giving into the demand of these weirdos who should be forgotten left in the dust is very depressing and outright sickening. People are being completely turned off from Marvel and DC and I can understand why because wokeness has utterly destroyed Marvel and DC, which is why we have to ensure that other countries across the world don't fall for this woke virus because if wokeness takes over the world, all of entertainment as we know it will be gone.

But anyways guys that's going to be it for today's chapter let me know what your thoughts are in the comments below and I will see you all next time. Peace.