CHAPTER 3.

Fiona

Fiona

Ashton walked around town glancing around at the noisy and busy streets in awe. The mansion was usually noisy and busy at times but nothing like this. She could not remember the last time she came out of the mansion. It has been so long.

Ashton walked on until she found herself behind some kind of noble household where there was a small stream. A little girl, probably ten or eleven years old was dangling dangerously on the piece of plank wood that serves as the bridge to the other side of the stream.

"Hey careful you might fall! "Ashton jumped in concern. The girl's arms were spread out trying to hold herself up.

She turned around glaring hotly at Ashton "I did not ask for your help!" she snap in anger but Ashton was not fooled by her tough tone. Her eyes were brimming with unshed tears and her lips were trembling

"Listen do not move okay?" Ashton advised taking a step closer.

"Do not tell me what to do!"

Ashton sighed. Why are girls so difficult? "If you take another step further you would lose your balance and fall into the water. That plank wood is not stable"

"You are wasting your breath because I am not going to listen to you" stubbornly, she took another step forward, and guess what? She fell into the water.

Ashton knew that the girl could not swim the moment she started flinging her hands around helplessly and Ashton wondered again, why are girls so difficult at times? She would admit though, that it is one of the things that make them special.

Without wasting time, Ashton jumped into the stream to rescue her. Thanks to mother, she was able to take swimming lessons from one of the maids at the mansion who went missing after Ashton was fully equipped with the knowledge.

The girl coughed and gasp, taking large gulps of needed air. Ashton sat on the rough grass watching and waiting for the girl to regain her sanity.

The girl finally calmed down and faced Ashton. Ashton was not able to study her properly earlier. She was a pretty girl. Her dark brown hair was braided in two pig tails, her eyes were a deep brown and she had a beauty mark just below her left eye.

"Thank you. You saved my life" she spoke softly to Ashton this time. Ashton was thankful for the change of tone.

Ashton blushed and looked away "well it was necessary"

"You know you could have just left when I acted rudely towards you"

Ashton knew that anyone else would have left but she is not like that. "Well, um_ I guess I was only concerned with saving you. I cannot just turn away from someone who clearly needs my help"

She smiled and Ashton's heart skips a beat. She looked away shyly, her cheek tainted pink. "Well thank you for saving my life and not walking away, and also I apologize for being rude to you earlier. I was just a bit frustrated"

Ashton nodded in understanding "it is fine, just be careful from now on"

Still smiling she replied "sure."