CHAPTER 14.

Ashton and Fiona ended up in a carriage headed for Fiona's house. The reason was that Fiona had informed her father about everything Ashton had said to her that day at the Lady Catherine's birthday party. It took days to convince him to accept Ashton's help; he had agreed to listen to Ashton's plans and reason for helping them and asked to meet him.

Besides, the Albano's Lord Lucas family were threatening to retaliate for what happened to their son if the culprit was not provided.

"I am sorry for putting you in trouble with the Albano's Lord Ashton. If it helps I can convince them that it was not your fault" Fiona apologized with her head lowered in guilt

"It is fine Lady Fiona, I am not really worried about them," if anything Ashton was more troubled by Isla's harshness towards Fiona. Lady Fiona seems like a nice person so far and Ashton could not help but wonder why Isla hates her so much. "Ease your mind my Lady, all will be well" Ashton assured her in her soft gentle tone and with a pleasant smile.

For a moment, Fiona stared fixly at the side of Ashton's face but then lowered her head again, blushing madly.

Few minutes later, they arrived at Fiona's house. It was not as flashy as the Herbert mansion but it seems decent enough. It clearly looks like the home of a respectable man and not someone who was in debt.

"Please come in Lord Ashton" Fiona invited after they had gone down from the carriage. There were a few servants around who greeted them as they passed and they all had their eyes fixed on Ashton, and the females were literally drooling.

An older woman welcomed them as they stepped into the warm and sweet smelling house. It was well furnished and beautiful which made Ashton wonder again how someone who lives in a place like this would be in such a debt as to sell his daughter into marriage with a monster.

The entire house was full of flower designs and Ashton realized the reason for the sweet smell and the older woman also had some in her hands like she was at the process of decorating. "Mother" Fiona hugged the woman.

"How did it go dear?" the woman asked concerned pulling away from Fiona.

Fiona step aside to reveal Ashton "This is the man I told you about mother, Lord Ashton. He is the man who saved me when Lucas tried to hit me"

Ashton noticed that Fiona did not mention the fact that the bastard actually hit her, but it was Fiona's choice to let it remain a secret. She was not going to be the one to tell. She brought out her polite smile, took Fiona's mother by the hand and kissed it softly "a pleasure to meet you my Lady, I see where Lady Fiona gets her looks from"

Fiona blushed beside her mother who in turn was smiling softly at the compliment, "thank you dear and also thank you for saving my daughter from that beast. I have always known he was a bitter soul. He does not deserve my Fiona"

Ashton could not agree more "you are right my lady and it is something I would like to discuss with Lady Fiona's father. She should not be given to Lord Lucas in marriage"

"Then will you marry her instead?" Ashton noticed the old man before his family did because he came from behind them. He was a tall man, just as tall as Theodore and he was huge. He was in a small brown sleeveless jacket over a worn grey shirt and he was also supporting his legs with a cain, but his blue eyes just like Fiona's showed that he was much stronger than he looks.

"Father," Fiona called in protest at his rude tone.

"You single handedly sabotaged my daughter's engagement and you wish to put my family in trouble with the Albano's by claiming to help. It must mean that you have an interest in my daughter and you wish to marry her" the old man was not paying attention to his disapproving daughter.