CHAPTER 7.

Two days later Ashton and Theodore arrived at St John's City. It was less civilized than mammon but it was more lively and filled with chatter and bustling activities.

Ashton and Theodore rode in through the gates of the city looking around and studying the state of their new surroundings.

A beautiful lady was standing by a store wearing a hat to shade herself from the sun. Ashton got down from his horse to ask for directions "excuse me" he called to grab her attention.

The lady stared at him like he was some kind of alien. Ashton knew that awestruck look and he was already wary. The lady smiled brightly at her, 'the pleasant smile before the chaos' she thought. "How can I help you my lord?" the lady was coming closer, too close for comfort.

Ashton glances over her shoulder at Theo but he had his face turned to the other side, probably to avoid her asking him for help. She fixed her gaze back on the lady and said "um we are looking for the Herbert residence"

"Oh yes, just go straight ahead. It is the biggest mansion in our town I doubt you would miss it"

"Thank you" Ashton turned to go but the lady dragged him back by the back of his coat collar.

"Now my lord, are you just going to leave like that without rewarding me for my services?" she ran a hand through Ashton's chest sending her into a state of panic. Ever since she was young, she had been taught by her mother to hide her bosom underneath a really thick fabric, so it really was impossible to tell if there was anything there even by touching thankfully.

Ashton quickly searched her pockets for her pouch of coins but the lady grabbed her collar and pulled her closer. Their faces were an inch apart and Ashton gulp at the uncomfortable closeness. "I never said I wanted your money my Lord. How about a night with that pretty face" she bit her lips seductively while staring at Ashton's.

Ashton let out a hiccup out of nerves as the lady brought her face closer. But thankfully a voice saved her from this uncomfortable situation "Annalise!"

The lady immediately let go of Ashton's collar and they both glance behind her at a very angry and irritated red haired. Annalise grew scared "hey Catherine. How did you find me?"

"Mother and father have been looking for you, and who are you harassing this time?" she snaps walking closer to them. Her eyes widen when she saw Ashton and she suddenly grew shy and soft spoken "forgive me my lord, my sister can be a nuisance at times"

Ashton timidly fix her collar and smiled, a smile so beautiful it left the two ladies dumb folded "it is fine. I should thank your sister for her help" to Annalise she said "accept my thanks my lady" she handed Annalise her pouch of coins anyway, bowed a little and return to her horse faintly hearing Annalise say "not only is he handsome, but he is a perfect gentleman. I want him so bad"

Theo laughed at Ashton the minute she got on her horse and she glared at him "that was not funny Theodore you traitor"

"It is the price to pay for being so handsome. I bet lord Herbert's daughter would be all over you once we get to the mansion. Can you endure that for a whole month?"

Ashton thought about Annalise and the shameless way with which she had asked Ashton to spend a night with her. What if Lord Herbert's daughter is like that?

Ashton imagined herself being forced into unholy acts by Lord Herbert's daughter, a person she is yet to meet and who might actually turned out to be her wife. She shuddered visibly, asking God to help her through the month she was going to spend there. If Lord Herbert's daughter really turned out to be a lunatic like Annalise the lady on the street just now, then Ashton would try her best to avoid her as best she could.