CHAPTER 34.

If Ashton was to be honest, she did not like being seen with Fiona anymore. She's engaged to Isla now and if other people were to see her walking around with Fiona, it might start up an unwanted rumor and right now, Ashton did not want anything that would create a problem between her and Isla's relationship. Their marriage was in two weeks and Ashton wanted everything to go as smoothly as possible.

She had apologized to Theo for ditching their stroll to go with Fiona, and the disapproving look on Theo's face told her that he too was not in support of her going out with Fiona.

Fiona and Isla were enemies and Isla would not like it at all.

Ashton wanted Fiona to say what she wants to say as they walked so she could return home quickly, but Fiona had been silent since they left, and although Ashton was growing impatient, she remain poliet.

After a while, Ashton could not take it anymore, she had to ask "what is this about Lady Fiona?"

Fiona halted in her step causing Ashton to stop too. She gaze ahead at an abandoned alley where no one seem to be passing by, "let's talk there" she said and walked ahead of Ashton.

Ashton followed her still confused. Was the topic so secretive that they had to hide to talk about it?

As they stood at the alley way, Fiona remained silent as if poundering over sometime and Ashton was losing her patience, "Lady Fiona, as you know I am engaged to Isla. I do not want to be seen with you more than necessary, Isla would not like that"

Fiona scoffed nastily at her words, "of course Isla would not like that. It is clear that she has completely made you her lap dog. I wonder if you actually love her or is she blackmailing you?"

Ashton's eyes furrowed in confusion. Blackmailing her? Why would Isla be blackmailing her?

"You are not making any sense Lady Fiona. I am with Isla because I love her and nothing else"

"Or it might just be that you're with her because she knows your secret and you have no choice." Ashton's heart leaped in her chest, but she tried to remain calm. Maybe Fiona didn't mean it as she thought. "Maybe it could be that you two have a mutual agreement, get married to hide your secret, while Isla hides the fact that she's a homosexual." She smirk "you would agree that it is quite a good deal, would you not?"

"I_I do not understand what you are trying to say Lady Fiona." Ashton sttutered out, her heart pounding in fear at the possibility that Fiona knows her secret.

As if to answer her question, Fiona's expression turn smug and her lips curved into a taunting smirk. "I know your secret Lord Ashton, I know you are a woman"

For a moment, all Ashton could hear was the soft wind blowing in the air above them. Her breathing seem to stop at that moment and it was hard to remain standing.

"H_how did you know that?" She stumbled back to lean on the wall behind her as her legs felt like they would give out any moment from now.

Fiona watched her looking slightly worried at her pale face, but she hardened her expression and replied, "I followed you and Isla to the lake that day. I saw and heard everything." She smirk again "I could not believe it myself too, but the evidence were very clear"

Ashton was feeling light-headed. There was this sudden feeling to regurgitate, but she pushed down the bile in her throat and tried hard to focus on Fiona.

Ashton was panicking. She had always been scared of someone finding out her secret someday, but now having it happen, Ashton was paralyzed with fright.

Mother is going to kill her.