CHAPTER 9.

At breakfast, lord Herbert said to Ashton "my daughter told me that you helped her clean up my horse today Lord Ashton"

At the mention of that, the pain in Ashton's waist increased. Isla smiled evilly as if sensing it. "Ah yes my lord. I wanted to do something to appreciate your hospitality"

Lord Herbert smiled kindly "It is a noble thing to do my dear, but it was not necessary. I have servants responsible for that. I thank you anyway"

Ashton nodded hoping Isla was listening. Servants were supposed to take care of that and she hoped Isla would not ask her to do that anymore. They went on with breakfast in silence but then Isla broke the peace "Father I am planning on going to the market at noon to get the things I was not able to get yesterday thanks to your stupid horse" she stared in Ashton's direction and added "I was wondering if lord Ashton can come with me?"

She was planning something evil, Ashton knew it. And besides, Ashton still felt immerse pain around her waist. There was no way she could go anywhere like this.

"But why do you want him to go with you?" Lord Herbert asked worriedly. He knew his daughter better than anyone.

"For one I can show him around town and we can also go on foot, that way I would not need to take the horse again"

Lord Herbert remained silent deep in thought. He stared at Ashton and asked "do you mind that lord Ashton?"

Yes she minded that. God knows what Isla's evil heart was planning now, but Ashton could not say no to lord Herbert. That would be impolite "I would love to" her words were forced and reluctant but it seems like only Isla noticed.

"Great!" Lord Herbert was over the moon with happiness while Ashton was squirming uncomfortably on her seat at the look Isla was throwing her way.

Oh God save me!

***

Walking around town with an aching waist was a very very bad idea. To worsen the situation, Isla bought a lot of things; food items, jewelries, clothes and many more which she all handed to Ashton. She had firmly refused to take a servant with them and Ashton honestly thought she did not have many things to buy. The load in her arms was quite a surprise. They were too many and heavy for Ashton to hold all on her own. In that moment, Ashton realized why Isla did not bring a servant all a horse, Ashton was the replacement for both.

Every single store they went to, Isla was friendly with the traders and almost emptied their shop with things that Ashton guessed she probably does not need. Isla seem familiar with half the traders in the market which was no help to Ashton as every lady who sees her gush at her and demanded that Isla tell them who Ashton is, and of course here was Isla's pleasant reply.

"Oh that is Ashton from mammon. He is the new boy"

Ashton had no idea what Isla meant by that, but by the replies from the ladies, she could tell. "What a pretty man he is. Your father exceeded my expectations this time" and they would laugh and giggle.

One lady even added "be sure to pass him to me when you are done. I would not mind waking up to such pleasant face first thing in the morning"

Once outside the fifth store, Ashton decided that she has had enough. The boxes and baskets in her arms were almost blocking her vision. She could no longer walk straight.

"um, lady Isla. Can you please lend a hand? I cannot carry all these on my own"

Isla paused in her steps and turned to face Ashton. She had on a look of horror "you mean you would allow a lady to carry boxes in the market? What kind of man are you?!"