CHAPTER 8.

Two male servants helped them to their rooms. Their bags were already arranged inside the big room. There was a medium size bed, two lamp stands beside it, a reading desk and a huge mirror.

'It will do for the time being' Ashton thought to herself.

Ashton had barely got dressed in a simple shirt and loose trousers when Theo walked in laughing silently. Ashton already knew why he came into her room. He just wanted to make fun of her for what happened earlier.

"Oh God Ashton, she called you a baby" he could barely get the words out in-between laughter "a_and she says you are a toad"

"So what about it?" she deadpan getting quite annoyed at him.

"When has any girl ever called you a toad or a baby? She is something else my friend, different from what I imagined but I am sure you of all people realized that yourself" he laughed again and Ashton only glared at him "I know I asked you how you would deal with a clingy fiancée but now the real question is, can you deal with a fiancée who hates you?"

"Just shut up Theo"

Theo snickered at her but said nothing more and they both left the room. A servant showed them to the dining hall where dinner was being served. The food was so much, it was a feast indeed.

"Come on boys, join us" Lord Herbert invited them to seat; he was already seated at the head of the table with his wife beside him.

Ashton and Theodore took their seats "please enjoy yourselves" Lady Eliana said pushing a full cooked chicken in their direction.

"I thank you for this hospitality my Lord and Lady," Ashton spoke calmly and politely "but I do not think all these was necessary"

"Nonsense! It is the least I could do to thank you for honoring my request and coming all the way here to see my daughter" he adjusted on his seat and added "and I want to apologize again on my daughter's behalf. What she did today was disgraceful and unforgivable"

Ashton opened his mouth to say that it was okay, but the subject of discussion cut into the conversation "I do not think it is polite to apologize on my behalf father"

Ashton looked in Isla's direction and she was glad she did. Isla had dressed herself in a simple white gown with beautiful prints of blue flowers. Her hair was in two pig tails just like when she was younger and her smirking lips look pinker and fuller than before.

Ashton hoped she was not drooling.

"Isla dear can we have dinner in peace without you insulting the young lord?" Lord Herbert pleaded as his daughter took her seat across Ashton.

Ashton was surprise by Lord Herbert's leniency towards his daughter. Ashton knew for a fact that her sisters would never do something insulting to a worthy suitor before their father.

Isla stared at Ashton and smiled, a smile that no doubt promised hell "I will try" she said but Ashton could tell that she does not mean it. "However, I do hope I can ask him a few questions. After all he might become my husband"

Lord Herbert looked uneasy as he glance at Ashton to see if she was okay with that. Ashton nodded.

If anything, the smile on Isla's face turned more evil. "so how old are you boy?" she asked as an insult.

"Isla!" Lord Herbert called warningly.

"It is okay my lord" Ashton stopped him although her eyes never left Isla. Ashton could see Isla's smug expression flatter slightly at the sound of Ashton's voice but she covered it up quickly "If you must know my lady, I am nineteen years old" she replied.