Chapter 9 - Qinglong as a passenger

The alarm screeched in the dark room, jolting Mazu awake as she looked around. She saw it was 5 am, and groaned, yawning as she desperately tried to make it out of bed, resisting the urge to not slam back into the sheets. She got up, itching her back as she opened the bathroom, where her eyes widened.

She saw Zhurong inside, wearing a tight black blazer with a wine red buttoned shirt under, the first few buttons left open, with a harness around his shoulders and chest as he fixed up his hair.

"The fuck are you looking at?" He asked as he noticed her staring.

"O-Oh, You're... ready" She said.

"Yeah, almost. Let me know when you're done getting ready, I'll be waiting in the kitchen" he said as he left the bathroom.

"Why are you... dressed formally?" She asked.

"Shifu advices us to, on the first day that is. Long story, you don't have to if you don't want to. Also can you help me out with this" he asked, pointing at his sleeves as she buttoned them up for him.

"N-No I'll find a nice outfit, I wanna match with you" she said as he brushed her poofy hair off her eyes and lifted her chin up, giving her a kiss.

"Are you sure you wanna come with me"

"Of course I do!"

"This isn't a vacation, sweetheart"

"It's still cool! I've always wanted to see you on a mission you look very stupid" she giggled.

"Suit yourself" "

Is that a pun?" She smirked

"Oh, ugh, gods damn it no it wasn't but I hate that you turned it into one" he said as she laughed mischievously

"You are too easy"

"Fuck you"
"We'll be late though-" 

"SHUT UP!" He said as she giggled more and got in the bathroom, getting dressed. She fixed up her hair, wearing a turquoise colored Cheongsam with some high heels and a pair of earrings. She sprayed on some ancient fragrance and fixed up her makeup before stepping out. She went down the stairs, seeing Zhurong opening a cupboard, with a big black briefcase opened beside him. Still not noticing her, he took out his Jian, an ancient Chinese sword given to him by his master, one decorated with blood red flames. It was one of 5 Jians that his master had given to each of them. Antique hand made blades that carried the blood of thousands before they were given to them. He put it in its sheath and packed it in its place in the briefcase, as well as some rope darts, deer horn knives, as well as a three action staff. He neatly packed them, before locking the briefcase shut, at which point he heard her high heels coming down the stairs and he turned around, his eyes growing in a shocked expression.

"ThE fUcK aRe YoU lOoKiNg At?!" She mocked him, smirking."

Shut up" he said.

"You look like, you know when an anime character nose bleeds?" She smirked.

"Oh my god you're so lame" he said, looking to his side and hiding is blushing expression.

"Hehehe, well I'm ready to head out now" she said as she got closer to him. She got her suitcase ready and packed, and he got his, as he opened the door for her.

"...You look nice" He said.

"I'm gonna come to every mission from now on if you're gonna be that much of a marshmallow" She said.

"I shouldn't have said anything, I take it back"

"I mean seriously! I can't believe someone as sweet as you is gonna go across the world and murder a Viking village chief, I can't wait to see that Freyr guys expression"