Chapter 13 - Fenrir and Mephistopheles

A massive beating headache woke up the already tired Mazu. She felt a tight grip around her, as she felt Zhurong hugging her with his arm around her waist as they laid in bed. He was already awake, using his phone. She couldn't bring herself to get up. She flipped to the other side, resting her head in between his chest as he reactively pulled her closer and rubbed her shoulder, still using his phone. She realized they were in a different place, it wasn't the same cabin. The bed they were on was covered in animal furs and handmade pillows. The smell of old wooden planks filled the hut they were in, a cozy hearty feeling about the place.

"We never finished the movie last night" Mazu muttered, her eyes still closed.

"Yeah you slept after like 2 seconds" Zhurong replied.

"No... you decided to go kill people. When you said you wouldn't" She replied.

"I wanted to finish the mission so I could take you somewhere nice. Like Copenhagen or something" 

"I would prefer to stay here and know you're okay"

"Who said I wasn't ok?"

"Sól. She told me everything. What happened with you and Freyr. You were going to die" 

"I was fine. If only that princess and her friends didn't intervene, everything was going well"

"Yeah that's why you have a massive scar on your cheek"

"ITS CAUSE OF THAT STUPID WITCH OR SOMETHING SHE BURNED ME OUT OF NO WHERE"

"She cauterized you. She healed you, you idiot"

"Why are you suddenly on their side now?"

"Aren't you the one who became best buddies with Freyr?"

"I- Huh? No? I still don't like him"

"You probably would get best friend bracelets or something"

"Stop being silly" He said as she sat up, looking at him as he stayed laying down and scrolled on his phone.

"You couldn't have told me? You could have woken me up and told me what you were going to do"

"Would you have let me?"

"I wouldn't be happy about it, but you know better, at least that way I wouldn't have ran into that nightmare of a forest" He said as she also sat up to face her.

"YEAH EXACTLY? YOU'RE BLAMING ME WHEN YOU DID THAT?" 

"I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU?"

"WERENT YOU TELLING ME ABOUT HOW DANGEROUS YOU'VE HEARD THE PLACE WAS?"

"YOU LITERALLY MADE FUN OF ME FOR THAT"

"Oh right, that was funny" He smirked as she crossed her arms and pouted.

"You're a bully. I just wanted to help. I don't like you at all" She said as she looked away frowning.

"What, are you supposed to be mad at me is that what this means?" He smirked.

"I AM mad at you. You are a moron" He said as he poked her in her stomach, then again in her chest, then thigh, as she tried to not laugh and maintain her frown.

"You are the most ticklish person I have ever met you cannot stay mad at me, I know the cheat codes" He said as she started tickling her more and more until she burst out laughing.

"YOURE A JERK!" 

"No I'm a fool, cause I am somehow in love with a fucking moron" He said held her face and pulled her in for a kiss, rolling to the other side as she laid on him "But, I still am... sorry. I was... kinda reckless last night" He said, sounding more sincere, making her smile as she looked at him.