Chapter 29 - Djinn's travels

It was quite the grueling flight. 10 hours isn't really a comfortable time, even in first class. Anubis was quite pleased though, it's clear she has taken every step to ensure his comfort. As he left the airport, someone was there waiting for him, and quickly picked him up, taking him over to the estate. The way was nothing short of gorgeous. Breathtaking architecture and incredible nature. He's been to Zhongguo before, but never taken this route, he figured this estate of hers must be new.

Thankfully, Anubis was capable in many languages. He took as much electives as he could in university, and in universities commissioned by Lord Thoth, education there was pristine. Hence, he was able to converse with the driver, although not fluently, who thankfully, was nice enough to answer his numerous curious questions.

The road was long, but eventually they reached the outskirts of the big industrial city, and soon, the large forest.

"I am unable to go any further from here. Follow the dirt path and you shall reach the estate. I'll inform the boss of your arrival" The driver said, pointing at the clearing between the trees

"Thank you, it was a pleasure" Anubis replied as he tipped the driver and held his suitcase, following the dirt path, with the quiet and misty forest on either side, before eventually reaching up to the large door. He put on some of his cologne, checked his hair and clothes, before knocking on the door three times, and looking at his watch.

He heard some movement behind, before slowly watching the door open. His eyebrows raised seeing a brown lady with perfectly styled hair, and an exquisite traditional Chinese dress. Her eyes stared him down from top to bottom. Behind her, was another lady, a green one, looking pretty nervous. A mask covering her mouth. Both their hairs had matching braids. The brown one in front looked more confident, and a bit intimidating, not the welcoming smile she had grown used to from Madame Yang Asha.

"Umm, Knee how" Anubis said making her firm expression turn to a giggle. He was fluent, but no one said his accent was perfect "My name is Anubis, I'm one of Madam Meilì's coworkers" He introduced himself in Greek "She told me to meet her here? Just want to make sure I got the right location"

"Hmmm" She said before looking back "Caishen!" She yelled, before waiting and looking back at him. Eventually, a tall man came. Of course, Anubis recognized him. Caishen Baozang. One of the wealthiest men alive. An entrepreneur of high caliber. He recognized his investments from Kemet. Anubis was quite surprised to see him. But it made sense. Yang Asha always surrounded herself with such standards, seeing Baozang himself working with her would be no surprise.

"Huh, hehe, so this is Asha's trusted coworker?" Caishen said, in Chinese. They didn't know that Anubis could understand them, and he kept it that way, he was curious to see what they had to say "He looks way too fancy, its hilarious"

"Keep an eye on him. I'm going to get Shangdi" Nüwa said

"What? No get King. He's Asha's business after all" Caishen said as she left before turning his attention back to Anubis

"I must say it's quite a surprise to see you here, Mr Baozang" Anubis said

"Asha and I are childhood friends. We've worked together for quite a while. I assume you're here to talk about my contact" He said

"Your contact?"

"Ms Wényì. I was the one who introduced the two of them. She has quite the large pharmaceutical company under her, more like a whole empire at this point, its no wonder she deals in some black market trading too"

"Oh! Ah that's quite interesting. Of course I am aware of her businesses, I'm quite a fan"

"Yang Asha only works with the best of the best. I'm curious to see what you have to offER" Caishen said before being pulled back. His tied back hair clearly being tugged from behind, as his face being replaced by another more uh... not so friendly one