Chapter 14 - Artemis and her Companions

"Watch your back!" Isis said to Tefnut who charged at Anubis, running across the giant open back yard, painted by the setting Egyptian sun. He also ran at her, raising multiple red crystals at her as she tried to dodge every one. 

She blasted at him with shots of water pushing him back and making her get closer. She raised a huge current of water right out her arm, trying to push him away, but her eyes widened, seeing him already reacting. As if he already knew, he made a large red crystal on his arm and slashed her cheek, making her grunt as a few drops of her blood spilt on his hand. He smirked, as he closed his fist, his hand glowing, as Tefnut suddenly fell over. Falling on the floor, completely immobile. All he had to do was get a hold of her blood, and he was in full control. She instantly fell dizzy, falling to the grass of the garden, as he opened his fist, ending the fight.

He raised his hand, tying his hair back as she gained control of her limbs again. She pounded her fist on the floor, frustrated.

"AAAAAHHHH! I NEARLY HAD IT!" She yelled.

"You need to focus. You get too excited" Anubis said as Isis approached, crouching down and lending a hand to Tef who got up. Isis put her hand on Tefnuts cheek, healing it up.

"He's right, take things slow next time" She smiled

"One last time" Tefnut said

"I think that's enough sparring for now" Isis said

"Just one more I think I got it this time" Tefnut said

"You want to spill more blood?" He asked

"You're a psychopath. One day I will manage to beat you" Tef said. She was very competitive, ever since they got their powers, she would always beg anyone around her to fight, the only ones she lost to being Ra, Nephthys, and Anubis. Isis never wanted to fight anyone, and Osiris... she never even sees him, to be able to fight him.

"I look forward to that day" Anubis said as he went back inside, followed by the other two.

"Geb said he's on his way back from work, he called me thinking of getting some pizza, do you guys want some" Hathor asked as she got in.

"Pizza would be lovely right now" Maahes said, who was laying on the couch with his feet up.

"Pizza is unhealthy. Unless you want cholesterol problems, have some salad instead" Anubis said.

"Did you just call me fat" Maahes asked

"Ok by all means gorge yourself but don't come rushing to me when your blood pressure spikes" Anubis said/

"You're SO LAME ANUBIS" Tefnut said

"He is right, have something healthy instead" Isis remarked, agreeing with him

"Hathor tell him to get pizza and if these apparent health junkies ask for some they wont be allowed. Go eat your grass Anubis" Maahes mocked

"I am going to be cooking a steak actually" Anubis replied

"Are Nüt and Nephthys back?" Isis asked

"Nüt is on her way from work, I think Neph is changing in her room" Hathor said

"What about Osiris? I haven't seen him in... quite a long time. I'm getting a bit worried about him. Has he been like this always, Anubis?" Isis asked

"He's always been a distant man, especially when I had his classes in university, don't mind it I'm sure he is alright" Anubis assured her

"Where's Ra?" Tefnut asked

"'Im here!" They heard from the top floor

"Is he in the bathroo- WHY IS YOUR DOOR OPEN?" Tefnut yelled up