Chapter 23 - Reinforcements from old allies

Never have any of them gone through a more painful experience, more grueling or a more exhausting experience. From the first day, they spent hours upon hours training relentlessly. Each of them had the power to control everything in nature with their color. Mazu's arms ached as she created tides after tides after tides. Lei and Dianmu relentlessly traded blows of thunder. Zhurong passed out a few times as King forced him to create large and hotter blasts of fire. But indeed, they did see an unmistakable improvement in their skills.

For over a month now, their days followed a strict routine. They woke up at the first rays of sunlight, to a warm steaming breakfast on their tables. Half an hour of meditation by the lakes and caves, followed by a 10 mile hike throughout the estate. After that, the groups would split, with Shangdi and King Yan personally rotating between each one as they commenced hours upon hours of training. In the final hours of daylight before sundown, 2 spars would take place in the main courtyard, before the whole group sat together to have a filling healthy dinner.

This was another regular day. In the final spar, they all sat down, waiting to see who Shangdi and King picked

"Yang Asha" King said, as she swiftly stood up

"Lei Gong" Shangdi said

"WHAT? She's gonna kill me there's no way!" He said making her giggle

"That's why you have to kill her first" Shangdi said, with a worryingly low amount of humor in his voice

"Can't you pick someone else for today? I'm exhausted!" Lei said. As Shangdi GLARED at him, as if he was staring into his soul with an intense frowning gaze "OK IM SORRY I GET THE MESSAGE"

The two of them stood parallel to each other, staring at each other as the rest stood and spectated. They both shared a bow, before swiftly pouncing at each other. Lei created his mallet and chisel as he ran at her, blinking around with flashes of electricity as he got closer. To his surprise he was quickly wrapped up in sheets of silk, and pulled towards Asha. 

She spun him around, before giving a strong kick right in the torso making him fly back and slam into the wall. She then unwrapped the silk, but frowned as she found him gone. She suddenly felt a stabbing pain in her back, seeing Leis chisel stab into her, but before he could hit his mallet, she spun her fingers, wrapping his arms and legs with more silk and pulling him back, stopping him from connecting the hit. She held the ribbons of silk with one hand, and created some nun chucks made of pink crystal with her other hand, as she kept pulling him towards her and smacking him with her weapon. 

Lei turned his arm into yellow wax stone, grabbing her nun chuck as he blocked her attack, he then grabbed her ribbons, frowning and groaning as bolts of electricity started bursting out of him. He grinned as the electricity surged through her silk ribbons, reaching all the way to Asha and electrifying her and shocking her, until she quickly turned her arms into crystals, stopping the conductivity and running past to deliver a final quick blow in the back of his head, making him drop as instantly.

"Time" Shangdi said

"Well done, both of you" King added, as Lei and Asha both kneeled down awaiting their comments

"Lei, your technique of slamming your mallet into your chisel is a good one, it conducts huge bursts of controlled lighting in the exact place you've pinned your chisel, however, it's very hard to actually complete the move. Without it, your control over electricity is still unkept and needs to be controlled" Shangdi said

"Still, Asha didn't take the attacks into consideration. Silk is a poor conductor, yes, but the heat generated from the shock caused the silk to burn. If it wasn't for her quick thinking, Asha would have lost the fight" King said