CHAPTER 9

Selia was gripped by an overwhelming sensation of pain, an agony that consumed her every thought and sensation. It was a crucial pain, one that held immense significance for her. Remarkably, this torment had manifested within a mere half-day since she had engaged in a profound act of intimacy with a man who was, to her, one of her soulmates. However, Selia's blindness presented an additional layer of complexity to her experience. Unable to perceive the world through her own eyes, she was deprived of the ability to identify the individual who had captured her heart. Regrettably, the universe had not granted her the wish of sight. Instead, it bestowed upon her the gift of photographic memory, a trait she now found solace in. Nonetheless, this extraordinary memory capacity proved insufficient in aiding her current predicament. Fortunately, Selia had crossed paths with this enigmatic man on a previous occasion, offering her a glimmer of hope in unraveling the mystery that now consumed her.

"Hyung, watch where you're going! You didn't have to knock her over," Chided one voice.

"I sincerely apologise, miss" another voice interjected, extending Selia cane back yo her. "I didnt mean to bump into you." A gentle hand made contact with Selia's arm, offering reassurance.

"It's all right. Thank you, and  have a pleasant days, boys," Selia's aunt interjected, swiftly leading Selia away from the scene. overwhelmed by the encounter, Selia found herself yearing for the comfort of home.

The initial encounter that triggered Selia's journey into the realm of soulmates involved a young man, the first boy she had come into contact with. Their paths crossed unexpectedly, and this chance encounter held significant meaning for Selia. However, her possession of a photographic memory, while typically a valuable asset, proved to be of limited utility in her current circumstances. Confined to her bed due to her physical ailment, Selia found herself unable to venture outside and actively search for the soulmate she had inadvertently bumped into or the individual who had kindly assisted her while crossing the street.

Selia's physical condition left her in a state of profound agony, rendering her unable to perceive the events unfolding around her. The pain she experienced was all-consuming, causing her thoughts to race chaotically and disrupting the rhythm of her breath. In the midst of such turmoil, her mind struggled to find solace or clarity.

Adding to the complexity of Selia's situation was her aunt, who had expressed remorse on multiple occasions. Her aunt, too overwhelmed by a surge of anger upon witnessing Selia in the arms of a stranger, had experienced a complete mental blackout, erasing any recollection of the momentous encounter. Profoundly regretful, Selia's aunt professed her ignorance regarding the identity of the soulmate with whom Selia had made contact.

Summoning the last vestiges of her fading strength, Selia beseeched her aunt with a sense of urgency, seeking any recollection of the crucial moment when she first encountered the enigmatic man. To her dismay, her aunt's response fell far short of her expectations, as she admitted to having no memory of the encounter. This revelation struck Selia with a profound sense of disillusionment, casting a shadow over her already dire circumstances. In the depths of her despair, she found herself contemplating the intellectual capacities of individuals, questioning whether some were simply not endowed with the same level of cognitive acuity. The frustration that coursed through Selia's veins was overwhelming, threatening to consume her very being. It compelled her to unleash a primal scream, an anguished cry borne out of a potent mixture of anger and pain. The sheer injustice of her situation weighed heavily upon her, leading her to question the cosmic forces that had singled her out for such an unbearable burden. As the excruciating pain continued to ravage her body, Selia grappled with the profound existential quandary of why she, out of all the individuals in the world, had been chosen to endure this torment that posed a genuine threat to her very existence. The uncertainty and desperation that enveloped her only served to deepen her sense of desolation and the overwhelming weight of her circumstances.

Selia's intuition told her that her aunt was concealing something, deepening her frustration and exacerbating her sense of helplessness. With each passing hour, the pain intensified, enveloping her in a relentless grip. She was acutely aware that her circumstances were dire, leaving her feeling utterly hopeless.

In her desperation, Selia turned to prayer, directing her pleas to the vast expanse of the universe. She longed for a reunion with her deceased parents, should her spirit be released from the confines of her suffering. This sole wish was the only accord she could forge with the universe, the one glimmer of hope that remained within her grasp.

However, the moment for her departure from this world was not yet at hand, as a flurry of individuals suddenly burst into Selia's room. The intrusion shattered the solitude of her pain-stricken sanctuary, introducing an unforeseen development into her already tumultuous existence.