CHAPTER 22

Selia gracefully traced her path toward Jimin's residence, her white cane expertly navigating the uneven terrain beneath her feet. The ground, far from flat, posed a challenge, but her determination prevailed as she reached the house unscathed. Jimin, considerate and perceptive, refrained from guiding her physically, allowing her to forge her own path while being serenaded by the melodic tones of his soft singing.

Upon crossing the threshold into the house, an unexpected hand enveloped one of Selia's, eliciting a startled reaction. Instinctively turning, Selia, though sightless, maintained a keen awareness of her surroundings, poised to defend herself. The tense moment dissipated as a familiar voice reassured her, its resonance permeating the air.

"Don't worry; it's me. I needed the warmth of skin-to-skin contact again. I missed you. I know I left you alone after our bond. It wasn't intentional; my mind governed my actions, leaving my heart in the shadows. I'm sorry, Selia. Please forgive me. I won't let it happen again. I'll be there every day. I don't seek forgiveness for my actions; I must have hurt you. You were alone, and I vanished. As you were getting comfortable, I walked away, leaving you in silence. Please, I beg you, forgive me. Without those actions, we wouldn't be having this conversation. So please," Jungkook pleaded, his voice resonating with a profound sadness, teetering on the edge of tears.

"I forgive you," Selia responded, her heart heavy with understanding. Forgiveness, though not forgetting, became her choice, acknowledging the sincerity in Jungkook's plea. Her next inquiry sought clarity about past conflicts involving Jimin and Taehyung.

Jungkook, momentarily frozen, responded swiftly, attempting to downplay the complexities. "Nothing, just a small misunderstanding," he asserted before taking hold of Selia's hand and leading her toward the dining room. The air hung heavy with unspoken tensions, leaving Selia pondering the intricacies of their shared history.

———

Awakened by the tantalizing aroma wafting through the air, Yoongi stirred from his slumber, groggy yet ravenous. Following the scent, he found himself in the dining room, anticipation building for the feast that awaited him.

Seating himself at his customary place, Yoongi appreciated the solitude before the impending clamor. The sudden burst of noise, he knew, could startle him if he weren't prepared. Grateful for his early arrival, he steeled himself for the inevitable commotion.

Jungkook and Selia soon joined him, their presence marked by the distinct tap of Selia's white cane and Jungkook's protective posture. Observing them closely, Yoongi sensed an underlying tension, especially in Selia. He pondered the possible reasons, contemplating the emotional toll of recent events on her.

As conversation flowed around the table, Yoongi detected an unspoken unease lingering among Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook. His thoughts drifted to a potential connection with the previous night's mysterious disturbance. Though his journey into dreamland had muffled the details, he couldn't shake the suspicion.

Time whisked away unnoticed during dinner, and as they cleared the table, Yoongi observed Selia being sent to rest, her emotions perhaps too delicate to withstand the atmosphere. Following suit, he retreated to his bedroom, only to find sleep elusive.

Glancing at the clock—precisely one o'clock—he tossed and turned, the usual tranquility of dreams eluding him. Frustrated, he descended the stairs, seeking solace in a cup of tea to quiet his restless mind, yearning for the peace that sleep refused to grant.

———

Hey there, pals! Back with another short chapter—I wanted to keep the next part under wraps for now. Hope you enjoyed this snippet, and fingers crossed I'll catch you in the upcoming chapter! Cheers!