CHAPTER 24

"I'm sorry, Selia, we have to go to work again. But we can't leave you here all alone. It didn't sit right with us, so Hoseok will stay with you. I hope you don't mind," Namjoon explained, the weight of responsibility evident in his words. It was the first thing she heard that morning, followed by other members offering their brief good mornings.

Jin expressed his regret, "Well, we have to go, see you in the evening, Selia." Jungkook, too, conveyed his apologies, "I'm sorry, Selia, that I can't be there. I have to speak with the manager, otherwise, I could have stayed with you." Selia reassured him, placing her hand on his arm in a comforting gesture. "It's alright, Jungkook. I knew you all had to work someday. Enjoy working, and we will see each other later."

As the door closed behind them, Jungkook let out a sigh, torn between his duty and the lingering sense of remorse from the previous day. Selia turned to Hoseok, offering a warm greeting. "Hi Hoseok, let's make this a wonderful day, shall we? If you don't want to, I completely understand. Anyway, I'm going to the kitchen because I'm starving."

With a tinge of disappointment when Hoseok didn't follow, Selia navigated with her white cane towards the kitchen. Once there, she located the familiar island where a fruit bowl rested. Taking an apple, she meticulously explored its surface, ensuring there were no soft spots before biting into it. The taste of apples delighted her, and the sounds of her enjoying the fruit filled the kitchen, creating a sensory experience that brought a sense of normalcy to the unusual morning. Biting into the apple, Selia relished the sweetness and juiciness, allowing a sense of tranquility to wash over her as she focused.

After savoring the last bite, Selia quietly savored the moment, gathering her thoughts and savoring the calm before the not so busy day ahead. Taking a moment to relish the peaceful stillness, she let the aroma of the fruit and the familiar kitchen sounds soothe her.

As Selia prepared to depart, the room welcomed another presence. Hoseok intercepted, his voice carrying a playful tone, "Don't go; I have an activity planned for us." Intrigued, curiosity filled Selia, only to have her arm suddenly grasped, sending shivers down her spine.

"Don't worry, Selia. I'm wearing gloves and a long-sleeved t-shirt, so there will be no skin-to-skin contact," Hoseok reassured her, offering a sense of comfort. Yielding to his assurance, Selia allowed herself to be led away, momentarily forgetting her white cane resting on the kitchen island—an oversight both seemed to overlook.

"Okay, I didn't want you to be bored, so we're going to dance," Hoseok announced with palpable excitement resonating in his voice. Selia couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Hoseok, I'm blind. I can't dance," she exclaimed.

"Nonsense, you can dance," Hoseok insisted, his optimism cutting through any reservations Selia harbored.

Hoseok took Selia's hands, the cool yet reassuring touch of his gloves sent a ripple of anticipation through her.

The music, a mosaic of lively beats and unpredictable melodies, began to play in the background. It was a chaotic symphony that mirrored the doubts swirling in Selia's mind. Hoseok, sensing her apprehension, spoke with a gentle reassurance, describing the rooms layout in vivid detail, emphasizing the feel of the smooth floor beneath her feet.

With a deep breath, Hoseok initiated the dance, his movements both spontaneous and controlled. Selia, relying solely on the tactile cues provided by Hoseok's hands and the rhythm of the music, tentatively followed. Every step, every spin was a delicate negotiation between trust and vulnerability.

The room came alive as their dance unfolded—a whirlwind of spins, dips, and twirls, each movement perfectly timed to the erratic beats of the music. Hoseok's voice, a constant stream of encouragement, narrated the dance, guiding Selia through the intricate steps with unwavering patience.

Yet, despite Hoseok's guidance, doubt lingered in Selia's expression. She couldn't see the elegance of her own movements, the beauty she effortlessly embodied. Hoseok, sensing her struggle, halted the dance and looked into her eyes with sincerity.

"You don't need your eyes to dance, Selia," he affirmed. "Feel the music, trust your instincts. You're more capable than you realize."

With those words, Hoseok resumed the dance, infusing it with a renewed sense of purpose. As the music reached its crescendo, Selia surrendered to the rhythm, her body moving with newfound confidence. In that moment, doubt dissipated, leaving only the magic of two souls entwined in the language of dance, proving that barriers could be transcended with trust and belief in one's own abilities.

In the radiant morning, an air of joy enveloped Selia as she began to cultivate confidence in her dance, guided by the reassuring presence of Hoseok. Laughter echoed, weaving a tale of newfound self-assurance and shared moments on the room it's floor.