CHAPTER 12

"I articulated that this action constituted a breach of an entry."

Selia's heart sank as she muttered the word "auntie" under her breath. The anger in her aunt's voice sent shivers down her spine, an unfamiliar and unsettling feeling. Throughout her entire life, Selia had never witnessed her aunt express such intense anger, making this a truly extraordinary moment.

"Selia, get off him now!" Her aunt's voice reverberated through the room, causing tension to mount among the others present. Jin, sensing the urgency of the situation, implored Selia's aunt to calm down. He explained that breaking the physical contact between Selia and Jungkook would result in the death of both individuals. Jin, who had come this far and finally found his own soulmate, was determined not to let Selia's aunt disrupt their bond.

Selia's aunt let out a frustrated huff, reluctantly agreeing. However, in a desperate attempt to separate Selia from Jungkook, she lunged towards them. Undeterred, Jungkook held onto Selia with unwavering determination, fully aware of the dire consequences that awaited them if their skin contact was broken.

The other soulmates in the room joined the struggle, refusing to allow Selia's aunt to succeed. They clung onto her, attempting to pry her away from Selia. However, Selia's aunt showed no mercy. She struck Namjoon in the face with her elbow, leaving a visible mark. Yoongi bore the brunt of scratch marks on his face, while J-Hope endured a painful kick to his leg. Despite the onslaught, none of them faltered in their resolve.

"I'm not your auntie, Selia. I'm your goddamn mother," Selia's aunt, or rather, her mother, declared with bitterness in her voice. She demanded Selia's compliance, instructing her to release Jungkook and obey her, using derogatory language to assert her authority.

Selia lay frozen, unable to comprehend the words her auntie-mother was uttering. Her mother had passed away and lay buried in a grave. How could her aunt suddenly claim to be her mother? Confusion and disbelief washed over Selia, leaving her paralyzed in the face of this shocking revelation.

"Your father, that son of a bitch, abandoned me taking you with him, when he discovered that my sister was his soulmate. Now that you know the truth about your family, let go of him, Selia!" her mother yelled in frustration and anger, revealing the painful secrets that had been concealed from Selia all her life.

Selia's world came to a halt as she experienced a profound sense of time standing still. The weight of the truth that had been concealed from her for an unimaginable duration weighed heavily upon her. How could anyone subject her to such deception and betrayal? To add to the complexity of her emotions, she discovered that her biological mother had been silently ensuring her well-being all along, while Selia had believed that her deceased mother was her true parent. The motivation behind this elaborate lie seemed to stem from her real mother's deep love for Selia's father, yet it failed to explain why they had all conspired to withhold the truth from her.

Unbeknownst to Selia, her mother managed to free her hand from the grip and tightly clutched Selia's white cane. In a venomous tone, she bellowed at Selia, demanding her immediate release of Jungkook, threatening to break the very cane that held sentimental value for Selia. The weight of her mother's words caused Selia's heart to sink, as the cane had been lovingly crafted by her father during a time of financial struggle. Despite the emotional turmoil, Selia contemplated the predicament and reluctantly considered releasing Jungkook. For the cane represented the only tangible connection she had left to her father.

Amidst the chaos, a panicked voice pleaded with Selia not to let go. Frustrated and tearful, Selia explained that the cane held immense significance as it was a cherished memento from her father. Her pleas went unanswered as Jungkook remained steadfast, refusing to release her. In a decisive moment, one of the boys made a difficult choice and swiftly struck Selia's mother in the face with his elbow, rendering her unconscious. It was a necessary action to protect Selia and preserve the connection they held so dear.

"Grab the white cane! Jin hyung, call the police!" the voice commanded urgently. Amidst the commotion, the voice reassured Selia, urging her to hold onto Jungkook and find solace in his presence. It was a plea for her to remain calm, assuring her that everything would eventually be alright. Selia hiccuped, burying her face in Jungkook's neck, seeking comfort and tightly embracing him. In response, Jungkook gently caressed her back, attempting to soothe her distress. He had already found a nickname for her, considering her his princess, a term that seemed fitting for their unique connection.

After a few minutes, Selia's sobs subsided, and the tears ceased to flow down her face. The boys surrounding her observed her with sympathetic gazes, their expressions mirroring their compassion for her plight. Despite her visual impairment, Selia could sense the weight of their sympathetic stares upon her, reminding her that even without sight, she could still perceive and comprehend the empathy directed towards her.

Jungkook's voice, filled with tenderness and determination, resonated softly in Selia's ear, seeking to reassure her amidst the turmoil. With a firm conviction, he assured her that everything would eventually be alright, urging her not to burden herself with unnecessary worry. He emphasized her well-being, promising to prioritize her safety above all else, regardless of the circumstances they faced. It was evident that Jungkook's words held a deep sincerity, for he despised witnessing Selia's tears, especially when they were a direct result of her mother's actions. In an act of unwavering commitment, he vowed to fulfill the promise he had made, even if it meant sacrificing their own lives in the process.

Jungkook's whispered words carried a profound weight, embodying his unwavering dedication to Selia's welfare. The tenderness in his voice illustrated his genuine concern for her emotional state, as he sought to shield her from further distress. The promise he made was not one uttered lightly; it was a solemn commitment to ensure her safety and well-being. Selia, upon hearing his heartfelt words, could sense the sincerity and determination behind his vow. It was a pledge that resonated deep within her, providing solace and reassurance in the midst of uncertainty.

Jungkook's promise encapsulated his unwavering loyalty and the lengths he was willing to go to protect Selia. His words carried an undercurrent of sacrifice, as he acknowledged the potential risks and hardships they might face together. Despite the potential dangers that lay ahead, Jungkook's unwavering resolve shone through, instilling a sense of trust and security within Selia. She found solace in his commitment, knowing that he would stand by her side and shield her from harm, no matter the cost.