Chapter 65 - Hidden Blessings (3)

Sighing to herself while rolling her eyes, Valentina took the phone and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey. How come you kept ending the call?" Rio's low voice came out of the phone.

"No reason. How come you kept calling? It's late." Valentina replied quickly before glancing over at Kaiser. Seeing that he was staring at her attentively, she quickly got up with her tray and began heading to the kitchen.

"No reason." Rio chuckled lightly, "Did you see the video? How do you like it."

"I just saw it. It came out really good. Shout out to the team for such a good job producing and editing it. And I guess the vocals weren't too bad either." She joked as she rinsed out her dishes and placed them in the dishwasher.

"Wow. A compliment for once. I'm surprised." Rio laughed once more.

"Are you?"

"I am."

"Well don't let it get to your head. Why did you actually call me Rio?" Valentina asked him in a low voice.

"Ah. I realized that I didn't follow you on socials so I wanted to let you know ahead of time since it might cause an extra buzz for you. Have you properly set everything?"

Hearing his words, Valentina could feel a headache coming. Last time she checked, Rio was following about 10 people on his personaal account. Apart from Shawn, he followed a few important people in his management company and no other women.

"I did but are you trying to curse me. Do you want your fans to do perform voodoo on me?" she asked him in irritation. If he followed her now, his fans might think there was something between them and truly hunt her down. Rio had maintained his single status as far as she knew, and his fans were perfectly fine with their male god remaining single. She didn't want to be the woman who became the target of their anger.

"Haha it won't be that bad. I wanted to do it a while back and figured now was a good time to do it with all the promotional stuff going out especially things that are getting released tomorrow. It should fly under the radar, but I wanted you to know before I did it."

"Please don't. Or if you do, please at least follow Yuri as well."

"Hard Pass. I don't like her attitude." Rio immediately rejected it.

"Rio." She warned him in a serious tone.

"Val." He replied with another laugh as he heard her sigh.

"Please spare me."

"No can do. Welcome to fame. Get some rest and don't worry too much about it. Think of it as a reward for doing such a great job on my video. The reception has been great and a good portion of it is due to you. Okay?"

"Mnn fine. It seems I don't really have a choice." She sighed in resignation.

"You don't. Anyways, text me your new address since you're not at your apartment. The team wants to send you some stuff as thanks."

"Got it. Anything else?"

"Nope. Good night Val. Sleep well." Rio said softly.

"I would sleep better if you didn't do this to me." She grumbled at him.