Chapter 105 - Variety Show (7)

"Focus for now, Valentina. We can continue later if you want. I have good news and bad news; which one do you want to hear first?"

Blushing at his words, Valentina stopped playing around and focused.

"What's the bad news?"

"Somebody broke into your apartment and ransacked it."

"What? When did that happen? Did they find who it was?" Valentina immediately got up and turned to look at him with a serious expression.

"It happened today during your live. Thankfully, the police have caught the person and are holding them for questioning for the next 24 hours. But they might be released on bail."

"Is there a motive? And was anybody else robbed in the building? My apartment is at a decent location."

"No. Just you, which is why I'm a bit suspicious, and I'm having the person fully investigated. I have a lawyer dealing with the paperwork now, but you'll have to give the police a statement either today or tomorrow."

"Wait a minute, how do you know all this? Shouldn't they have contacted me?" Valentina looked at him suspiciously as she crossed her arms.

"The police commissioner for the city is a good friend of mine, and I have him keeping a lookout for your name." 

Seeing her still look suspicious, Kaiser rolled his eyes as he continued, "This is standard procedure for artists at Platinum Entertainment. We like to get ahead of the news in case any of our artists get in trouble with the law. Since you're coming over to us anyway, I submitted your name ahead of time."

"Mmm, fine, I'll allow it. Continue."

"Yes, ma'am. The leasing office of your building should be contacting you soon, but if they don't, Black Rock Entertainment should let you know about the situation."

"Okay. I'll keep a lookout for a message from them, and I guess I'll stop by the police station tomorrow before taking a look at my apartment."

"Do you have anything in particular you need from there? Like important documents and such?"

"Not really?" one of the first things she did was move her important documents to a bank deposit box. Having been evicted once or twice in her past life, she knew the home was not a safe place to store important documents as circumstances could change in a moment.

"Then do you mind if I have my people pack your stuff up and bring things here? Or to a storage unit if you prefer. They'll make sure to get everything and clean up the place fully. You can do a sweep after they're done and look through what they collected."

Valentina stared at him contemplatively for a moment before asking, "Is there a particular reason you don't want me to go until they've cleaned my place?"

Kaiser stared at her silently without saying a word.