Chapter 77 - Red Carpet Appearance (2)

After thoroughly pretending that Kaiser's words were a figment of her overactive imagination, Valentina immediately locked herself in her room and went to bed. She still felt a bit tired after eating and drinking that questionable healthy liquid so she figured she might as well just go to sleep instead of worrying about anything.

At 8 o'clock the next day, she woke up to someone repeatedly banging on her door. As she sleepily walked over to open it, she saw that it was Lia. The woman was wearing a much simpler dress than usual and high-platform sneakers. Her short blue hair was held up with multitudes of clips and she had blue glasses perched on her nose.

"Grand rising to you my favorite student. I am glad to see you're doing well. How are you feeling?" Lia asked her in a very subdued voice.

"Good morning Lia. I'm fine now thanks to your care."

"Valentina," Lia said her name seriously.

"Yes?"

"I am very sorry. I didn't mean to push you to your breaking point, and I honestly apologize for working you so hard that you got ill. Please forgive me." Lia immediately bowed her waist ninety degrees.

Shocked, Valentina couldn't help but console her as she held the other woman up. "Please don't do this. I promise I'm completely fine. It had nothing to do with you."

"Still. I promise to take care of you properly from now on!" Lia said firmly, her fist clenched in her determination. Valentina had to suppress a laugh that threatened to come out at the comical image.

"Haha. Okay then. Please take care of me." She gave the woman a brilliant smile.

"Gah! You're so beautiful first thing in the morning! My eyes!" Lia shouted while covering her eyes dramatically.

Valentina: "......" welp. There was the old Lia she knew.

Seeing Valentina stare at her, Lia coughed in embarrassment.

"Anyway. I am here to take you to prepare for your opening premiere. Please go get changed and meet me downstairs."

"Isn't it a little early?" Valentina asked. The opening ceremony would not start until 6 pm. They had almost 10 hours to prepare.

"Are you questioning your teacher my favorite student? Beauty takes time! Go and get changed. Your breakfast has been packed and is waiting for you." Lia ordered. Her large paper fan appeared out of nowhere and she began smacking it on her hand in a threatening manner.

"...got it. I'll be right down then."

Valentina quickly showered and changed into a simple sweatshirt and leggings before heading down the stairs. Waiting at the bottom was Luca with a large metal thermos in his hands.

"Good morning my little nugget."

"Good morning Aunty Val." He greeted her cheerfully before firming his expression.