Chapter 114 - Variety Show (15)

"Hello?" Valentina cautiously answered the phone call that came from an unknown number.

"Is this Miss Valentina?" a deep voice with a British accent answered the phone.

"Yes. Who's speaking?"

"Hello, Ma'am. My name is Duncan Falconer. I am the bodyguard organized by Mr. Grayson. I am to accompany you today wherever you need to go, and I am currently waiting downstairs with the vehicle. Please let me know when you're ready to leave, and I'll come guide you down."

"Oh, I can just come down myself. There's no need to do all that." Valentina immediately declined.

"No, ma'am. As ordered by Mr. Grayson, my job is to ensure your safety, and I take that very seriously. Please pass on the access code to the elevator." Hearing the polite but firm refusal, Valentina turned to glance at Lina, who had come close to eavesdrop.

"No bodyguard will be entering my space before you knock it over with your giant, unwieldy body. Tell him to stay by the elevator, and I'll bring you down." Lia quickly grabbed Valentina's phone and interrupted before handing it back to her.

"Mr. Falconer. Did you hear that?"

"I did. Please refer to me casually, ma'am. Just Duncan is fine."

"Okay, I'll be right out."

Gathering her things, Valentina followed Lia as she led her to the elevator.

"Come here at around lunch time tomorrow so we can do some fittings. I'll contact the Fallen Angels stylist to get more details on their vibe, and we can decide on the finishing touches like jewelry and accessories as well."

"Okay." Valentina readily agreed and silently stood as the elevator quickly went down.

As the elevator opened up in the garage, she couldn't help but take a step backward.

Big.

That was her first thought.

It was a man well over 6 feet that stood blocking the entrance of the elevator. His impressive physique was tucked perfectly into a black suit. His jet-black hair was buzzed low while his piercing blue eyes were revealed from behind dark shades. His expression was completely blank, and as he removed his sunglasses, she noticed the small scar on his eyebrow, which gave his ruggedly handsome but strict face some character.

Seeing it, Valentina wondered if he was really a bodyguard or an actor playing one.

As their eyes locked with each other, he bowed his head respectfully before moving to the side and putting his sunglasses back on.

"Miss Valentina."

"You must be Duncan Falconer," Valentina responded lightly.

"Yes, ma'am." As he replied politely, the familiar deep British voice sounding out, Valentina pulled out her photo, snapped a photo of him, and sent it to Kaiser with a question mark.

Ass, the man, stared at her blankly, she smiled apologetically as she explained, "I am just double-checking your identity with your employer."

"That is no problem, ma'am. Verify away." Duncan calmly replied before looking away.

"Please call me Valentina. Otherwise, you'll make me feel like an old lady calling me ma'am all the time. Besides, I'm calling you Duncan, right? Let's have a good day together." Valentina gave him a bright smile, causing Duncan's eyes to widen slightly before his training took over, and he resumed his stoic expression.

Before he could respond, Valentina answered her ringing phone, her face and tone unconsciously softening as she answered it.

"Kaiser."