Chapter 135 - Variety Show (36)

"Oh. That's easy. There's really only one obvious choice. The person I want is...."

"Shawn, of course." Valentina didn't bother dragging it out too long as she was stared at expectantly.

As everyone looked at her with a shocked expression, she doubled down confidently.

"Yep. I want Shawn."

"Uhm? What an unexpected twist. Why did you choose Shawn?" Vanessa asked, quickly recovering.

"Simple. I think he's more fit, so if we're playing a physical game, we'll definitely dominate. Specifically, I saw that previously on the show, you've down-arm wrestling, fake football, and catching games. His arms look strong, so any arm games will be his win. And most importantly, I really want to hit Rio with one of the prop hammers. It looks like it will be a lot of fun."

"Wow, I sense some serious competition flowing from you, Valentina. Since you won, any ideas for your team name?"

"Hehe. I want our team name to be Team Crush Rio!" Valentina explained while chuckling evilly and staring at Rio as if she couldn't wait to hit him.

At his slightly shocked expression, she stuck her tongue out before heading toward Shawn.

"I like the way you think, Val. Let's do it! Team Crush Rio, let's go!" Shawn met her halfway and gave her a double high five, which left her hands tingling from the force.

As he began laughing while she shook her hands out, she smacked him in the arm before pulling back in pain. Firm. His arms were way too firm.

"Hmph. Come on, Yuri. Let's defeat those cocky losers. What do you want our team name to be." Rio snorted disdainfully at the two happy people before turning to Yuri.

"Sure! How about Team Rio? To be honest, I wanted to be on your team" Yuri smiled happily as she walked over to stand beside Rio.

"Well, well, it seems that Yuri seems relieved that she got to team up with Rio. And Valentina, what a surprising choice. The rumor mill says that you and Rio are actually quite close? I would have thought you would choose him. Is this a cover-up or...?" Jimmy asked knowingly.

"Not at all. I really think Shawn and I can win, and I believe I'm equally close to both of them, same as Yuri. They took great care of us while filming. Right, Yuri? Shawn? Valentina shamelessly dragged Yuri and Shawn into the conversation.

"Yes. I would say we're both equally close to both Rio and Shawn." Yuri echoed.

"Yeah, I agree. We all got along pretty well since everyone's personality is so good." Shawn gave the hosts a disarming smile.

"Although you say this, we know everyone has their favorites. Besides, we have some behind-the-scenes footage that shows you and Rio might be much closer than you want people to think. The director kindly shared many behind-the-scenes clips that nobody had seen before and gave us permission to share them with the fans today. Curious?" Vanessa asked slyly.

"Not even a little bit." Valentina honestly replied in a deadpan manner, causing the crowd to burst out laughing.

"Booo. You're no fun. Why don't we ask the audience? Do you want to see some lovely behind-the-scenes footage from the music video? We promise you won't regret it."

"Show the clips! Show the clips!"

As the audience began chanting, Jimmy laughed deviously before announcing imperiously.

"Oh don't worry, we will. But first. Bring out the hammer!!!"

In dramatic fashion, a staff member rolled out a table with a giant red squeaky hammer on it.