Chapter 111 - Variety Show (12)

Beep! Beep! Beep!

As her alarm went off early in the morning, Valentina dragged her half-conscious body through her morning routine as she showered, brushed, got dressed, and attempted to tame her wild curls. As she was fixing her eyebrows and applying some lip tint in her dressing room, she heard a knock on the door.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in."

"Good morning. You're up early." Kaiser commented as he poked his head in, fully dressed in his all-black suit like usual.

"I have a busy day. I...ahh, have to go to my apartment then go see you and go see Lia. We have a lot to talk about and not enough...time before I leave to film. " Valentina replied through several yawns. As she sleepily stared at Kaiser in the vanity mirror while putting on her earrings, he walked over to press a kiss to the top of her head.

"Shall I drop you off at Lia's studio? You can sleep in the car and rest there. The bodyguards will meet you there as they're still prepping a nondescript vehicle that's fully protected. So you can go to your apartment first before coming to my office."

"You won't be late to work? I should call Lia to ask if she's up." Valentina asked with another yawn. She was so tired.

"I'm the boss. How can I be late? And don't worry about Lia. She's a gremlin that doesn't rest." Kaiser gave her a sly smile as he grabbed her hand with one hand and grabbed her purse with the other. "Come on, I'll even let you take a nap on my lap."

Not knowing how she made it to the car, Valentina just felt followed along as she was led around until she found her head cushioned on something slightly firm. Inhaling Kaiser's unique, cozy scent, her eyes soon closed, and she fell fast asleep as his fingers gently massaged her scalp.

As Kaiser watched Valentina's sleeping figure as she began muttering 'body pillow' while burying her face into his stomach and hugging his waist, he poked her cheek, enjoying the soft, smooth texture.

"You have to stop this sleeping habit of yours. You can only do this to me, Valentina." He told her in a soft voice as he caressed her cheek.

As the car sped up, causing her head to bounce before slamming into his lap and causing her to grumble in discomfort, he shot a glare at the driver, who gulped and began sweating.

"Drive slower and more carefully." He coldly ordered the driver before raising the partition.

"Yes, sir!"

The rest of the drive passed peacefully and smoothly as Valentina slept, Kaiser held her hand while her intoxicating scent surrounded him until she was all he could smell.

"Valentina?" Kaiser called her name softly as he carefully lifted her so she could sit up and lean against the chair. As her body tilted to the side again, he quickly stepped out and held her upright as he shook her again.

"Mmm?"

Hearing the sleepy mumble and seeing as she stared at him with a dazed expression, he felt his heart soften. Her fox-shaped green eyes were half-lidded and shielded by thick, long lashes, and her pink lips were slightly open as she yawned. Watching her rub her eyes with slender fingers, he wanted to let her rest, but knowing that they were really pressed for time, he gently forced her awake. He would just have her take a nap when she came to see him at his office.

"We're here. Do you want to walk, or should I carry you?"

"And if I say you should carry me?" Valentina gave him a sleepy smile as she yawned once more while trying to wake herself up.