Chapter 122 - Variety Show (23)

"Oh. If it isn't the brat of the McCrary family. What do you want, Alexandria?"

As if she didn't hear the cold tone, Alexandria continued to smile gently, her smile not faltering in the slightest.

"Oh, don't be so cold, Kai. I've told you to call me Alex, not Alexandria. It's not like we haven't known each other since I was a kid. And is this Luca? He's getting so big now. How are you doing, Luca? Do you remember me? You can call me Auntie Alex. Can you say, Auntie Alex?" Alexandria dragged out her words slowly, the way you would speak to a baby who didn't understand anything.

Luca glanced at the woman speaking to him before furrowing his brows in anger and turning away angrily. He had only one auntie, and it wasn't her.

Seeing it, Alexandria laughed gently, the sound ringing out.

"It seems you have a little rebel on your hands. He certainly reminds me of all the stories I heard about you when you were younger, Kai. So grumpy, even with these fluffy cheeks. Has he started getting into fights because he's just as handsome as you were? I'm sure all the little girls love him, and all the boys hate him."

As she reached out to squeeze Luca's cheek, Kaiser took a step back while slapping her hand away.

"He doesn't like people touching him, and you know I don't like people in my personal space or calling me Kai without permission. If you don't have anything useful to say, let's wrap up the hellows and goodbyes and go our separate ways, Alexandria. "

Seeing the woman continue to ignore her even though she was standing right next to Kaiser, her eyes glued to him, Valentina took a step back and prepared to act like a spectator. All she needed was some popcorn, and she would be set to go.

"Ouchies. Why would you hit a pretty young lady like me? And you're so strict. How mean." Alexandria pouted, but seeing Kaiser's continued cold expression, she batted her lashes before smiling again.

"...Alexandria."

"I'm here to have a meal with my father. Actually, he's been saying he wanted to see you and have a chat as well. Apparently, there's a minor misunderstanding between you and my eldest brother. Why don't you come and eat with us? I can call my eldest brother as well so you two can resolve the misunderstanding. I'm sure I'll get bonus points if I bring you along, teehee. That way, Daddy can forgive me for going over my credit card limit this month. Actually, elder sister is ar-"

As she watched the girl ignore Kaiser's annoyed expression and singlehandedly carry the conversation without even taking a breath, Valentina really wanted to applaud her.

This was skill.

This was talent.

This was drama!

Never had she seen Kaiser's expression darken so much with his brows furrowed in an angry 'V,' and yet Alexandria kept on talking obliviously, laughing and smiling happily all by herself.

She honestly had to praise the woman's self-confidence.

If somebody looked at her as if she were a cockroach interrupting their meal and they wanted to stomp her to death, she would simply evaporate on the spot to get away as fast as possible.

Kaiser, on the other hand, had switched from an angry expression to sheer boredom. She had thought he would immediately chase the girl away, but he just looked around without saying anything.

As the girl finally took a deep breath, Valentina turned to Kaiser, waiting for his rebuttal. She really wished she had some popcorn or peanuts to snack on.

Kaiser gazed around with a bored expression as he searched for the nonexistent host who refused to appear before his eyes turned to Valentina. Seeing her watching him with her mask on, her eyes curved with amusement as if she were watching a fun drama, he gave her a sly smile and mouthed. 'Come here.'