Chapter 1 - Waking Up In A New Body

Valentina groaned softly as she rolled on the bed

Valentina groaned softly as she rolled on the bed. Her head was pounding, and her body ached horribly.

Where was she? What was going on?

The last thing she remembered was staring at her laptop in the office as she pulled overtime to get the marketing for a new product out. As the newest employee at a startup and a recent fashion marketing graduate, she had no choice but to work hard to prove herself and keep her position. She had been working like a dog for the past couple months, and honestly her body was on the verge of giving up. But it was a decent paying job and would help her tremendously in her career.

She had briefly taken a break and continued reading a novel she had found about a character who had the same name as her.

The character – Valentina Salazar found out that her parents weren't really her parents. She had been swapped at birth and had finally found her true family which was one of the top aristocratic families in the country. However, it wasn't a happy reunion. She had been mistreated by her fake family as she was a sickly unwanted child. She also had a weak body and a weak personality. She was also unable to get along with her newly found sister and her birth family.

Surprisingly, both her and her new sister were entering in industry but the difference between the two of them was like heaven and earth. Her sister Aaliyah Salazar was a wildly successful newcomer with the help of the Salazar family while Valentina, as somebody who recently got into the acting scene was struggling to become popular and was bullied relentlessly by fans for being somebody who tried to climb up using connections with no skill to back it up. The only thing she had going for her was here otherworldly beauty but even that caused rumors of plastic surgery and many people to be jealous of her.

Added to the fact that she had an unfriendly personality and had difficulty making friends, she really struggled.
Although the original Valentina was still excited to meet her new sister, her fake sister was a premium example of a newcomer loved by everyone and was a rising star in the industry. She had successfully built up her fan base and had gotten hit role after hit role.

Thinking that she could get close to this sister, the original Valentina had done her best, but she didn't know that her good sister was a pretentious white lotus character who hated seeing her as it reminded her of her poor origins. The original Valentina kept falling into traps set by her sister and continued to disappoint her new family since they couldn't understand why she kept fighting and trying to frame her sister when the family had enough wealth to support another daughter.

No matter how Valentina protested it and denied it, nobody believed her since she was a newcomer, and she had no proof she was being framed. Since nobody seemed to be on her side, the original Valentina was tired of living, so she bought a bunch of sleeping pills and planned to take her life. After the original Valentina's death, Her sister Aaliyah Salazar had then gone on to live a very successful life; marrying one of the top men in the aristocratic social circle, becoming one of the most awarded actresses of all time, and generally living a happy life.