Chapter 84 - Family Drama (2)

"You're the new investor in the film, right? It seems that the legal team has been slow on the paperwork. I took a liking to the cast and the director and since my cousin is starring in it, Platinum Entertainment actually owns the rights to the film and I'm now the majority investor. And I don't plan on making any changes."

"Kaiser right? Why-" Marco Piero started.

"It's Mr. Grayson to you. We're not close enough for you to call me by my first name." Kaiser interrupted in a mocking tone, before turning to the director.

"Would you mind starting the dinner service? We can converse while we eat."

"Of course!" Director Loewe clapped his hands, and the waiting waiters began bringing out the first course which was a creamy pumpkin bisque.

As Valentina carefully spooned the soup into her mouth, she did her best to ignore Kaiser who was sitting to her left as well as Roman who had somehow wormed his way to her right.

"Mr. Grayson," Marco Piero spoke out through gritted teeth at the man who was young enough to be his son staring at him with a condescending smile. "Why is Platinum Entertainment doing this at the last minute? And who the hell is your cousin."

"There's no need to be crude Marco. I can call you Marco, right? Anyway, I can answer that." Roman elegantly scooped the last bit of his soup into his mouth before continuing, "Jonathan Starling is our cousin so please take care of him throughout the filming."

Jonathan waved with a smile as Roman continued.

"As for the rest of your questions. First. One of our major male actors is the lead so we have to pay more attention to it and make sure everything is executed perfectly. Secondly, it's a good script and a good cast so to protect the integrity of the story and the director's vision, it was best for us to take complete ownership which is what we did. Third and finally, consider it a bribe and a test. As you all know Miss Valentina here recently finished filming a video with the top band The Fallen Angels. The short film video has broken video stream records for first and second fastest videos to reach 100 million views and has been entered into multiple award categories. Seeing such star power, Platinum Entertainment is keeping a close eye on Miss Valentina, and we want to convince her to jump ship from Black Rock Entertainment and come over to us. Naturally, we're willing to match any benefits Black Rock Entertainment provides and add extra on top. after all, we are the best Entertainment company." Roman smirked in a manner similar to Kaiser and everyone looked speechless at his announcement.

"Are you openly saying you're trying to poach an artist from Black Rock Entertainment Roman Grayson?"

"Yep."

"And the artist is Valentina?"

"That's correct. miss Valentina right here."

Everyone: "......"

What kind of siblings were these? First, it was the elder brother announcing he purchased a film for his cousin. now the youngest brother was openly poaching an artist at the film dinner while one of the major investors and co-owners of Black Rock Entertainment sat in front of him. They had thought they had come to a simple opening ceremony, but instead, they were witnessing a proxy war between two business moguls. and the culprit of it all was sitting as if it had nothing to do with her.