Chapter 91 - A Weird Doctor (1)

"Miss Valentina, you're quite lucky you didn't break or bruise any bones as you 'accidentally fell' but you will need to take a break and rest your body. Your bruises should fade in about two weeks. For treatment, rub this ointment on them twice a day and soak in a bath once a day with this topical medicine and take this when you feel a lot of pain." The female doctor calmly told her. She was a tall woman with short blond hair and sharp blue eyes and gave off a fierce yet caring impression. The doctor: Doctor Isabelle Harper then glanced at Kaiser who was standing outside the door while carrying Luca, before she walked closer to Valentina, slid her a card, and whispered.

"If you're having trouble at home and need help, no matter the time, please call me. I can help you. No amount of money is worth your life."

"Pardon me?"

As Valentina looked at her in confusion, Dr. Isabelle Harper continued, "Think about your cute son and his future. Do you want him to keep seeing his mother abused? Or for him to lose you in an 'accident'? I know how these rich men are. Just let me know if you need anything. Call me at any time if you want to talk or need a friend to back you up, got it?"

At the fierce look in the woman's eyes, Valentina felt her heart feel warm but she didn't know whether to start laughing or crying. It seemed that the doctor thought Kaiser was abusing her and that Luca was her son.

"Thank you for your kind words and for treating me, but whatever you're imagining isn't true. I'll definitely give you a call though." To clarify this issue Valentina thought to herself.

"Good." The doctor nodded once more before leaving Valentina to her own devices to change.

As she pulled the curtain around the bed close and walked out the door, she shot a fierce glare at Kaiser.

Kaiser: "......?" was there something on his face. Why was the doctor staring at him weirdly?

"Miss Doctor, is my mom-auntie okay?" Luca asked worriedly. Since he had been kicked out of the room, he kept looking back to catch a glimpse of Valentina.

Hearing the young boy start to say mom but then switch to auntie, Dr. Isabelle Harper felt her anger grow and her glare toward Kaiser became stronger.

Look at this arrogant man. He didn't even bother to ask about his wife's well-being while his cute son was worried about his mother. Sure enough, he must be the culprit of the injury. Mentally putting a black x next to Kaiser's name, she smiled gently at Luca.

"Your mom is fine. She's just changing. Why do you call her auntie?"

"Dad says I can't call her mom when out of the house. I have to call her Auntie." Luca dutifully reported.

Hearing the young child's response, Dr. Isabelle Harper looked at Kaiser with a disgusted look.

"Parental alienation is a crime, sir. Be careful that you're not reported." Dr. Isabelle Harper glared before leaving those cryptic words behind.