Chapter 102 - Variety Show (4)

Before Valentina could even leave the room, her phone began ringing as she took it from DND.

Glancing at the caller ID, she noticed it was Rio. Picking up the call, she spoke casually.

"Yo, Mr. Fallen Angel,"

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite nepo baby. Do you mind giving me a donation? I take all forms of payment." Rio began joking, causing Valentina to roll her eyes even though he couldn't see it.

"You think you're so funny, Rio. What do you want?"

"I can't call you just to hear your voice?"

"No. Weirdo." Valentina replied bluntly, causing him to laugh again.

"Tsk. Tsk. And after I joined your live and gave you free promo and bonus fans. Shouldn't you be thanking me?"

"Wow. Thank. You. So. Much. I. Appreciate. It. What. Would. I. Ever. Do. Without. You." Valentina replied in a monotone voice, and hearing it, Rio burst out laughing.

"I know that deep, deep inside, you're on the verge of tears and about to get on your knees to thank me. But there's no need to praise me. It's what I should do since I'm amazing."

Hearing the self-praise coming from his mouth, Valentina found herself temporarily speechless. First, it was Kaiser, now it was Rio. What was with the super cocky, self-confident men around her?

"......is this what you called me for? To make jokes and to congratulate yourself?? If so, I'm hanging up."

"Calm down, Val. I was joking. I was actually concerned about you. What's going on with you and Aaliyah? Are you really okay after that fall? How's your body? What did the director say? And how did that video get shared?"

"And again, you're not funny. The doctor said I'm fine and I haven't spoken to the director yet. As for Aaliyah, she clearly doesn't like me, or couldn't you tell? " Valentina replied dryly. "The video being shared has nothing to do with me. I was unconscious when it happened and woke up to see it everywhere. I'd like to thank the person, though."

"Hmmm. Is Aaliyah bullying you again? Do you need me to do something?"

Hearing his words, she couldn't help but furrow her brow in deep thought. It was something that she had felt for a while, but Rio always acted like he knew her or had some history with her.

But as far as she knew, she had no contact with Rio before, and he wasn't mentioned in the novel at all in relation to Aaliyah. How could he know her?

Pretending not to know anything, she took a deep breath to calm her thoughts and asked, "Again? What do you mean by that? And what could you even do? You're an outsider."

"Playing coy with me, Val? I know you don't get along with Aaliyah and the Salazar family. And it's not the first time something like this has happened, although I guess it's the first time Aaliyah's been caught and exposed like this. I'm sure they're probably blasting your phone and calling you back home to apologize once you finished your live. Do you want me to go with you when you go back to the Salazar house, or do you want to come hide out at my place? I may not be able to help you out at Black Rock Entertainment, but with me around, your father and Aaliyah have to give me some face and won't be too hard on you."