Chapter - 13

Recap: Kanmani meet Anika and later Veera decides to cook for Kanmani taking her to his home.

**************

Veera placed the vegetables on the teapoy and pulled Kanmani to his room. He picked a T shirt and track pant and gave it to her.

Veera: Wear this and you can change back into your clothes when we return to hotel. I will go start cooking.

Kanmani closed the door and looked at the cloth in her hand. A blush erupted on her cheeks. She hugged his clothes to her chest and smelt its fragrance. Happily she got changed into it and stood before the mirror adjusted the collars of the T shirt. They black and grey combination looked great on her.

Kanmani opened the door and heard noise from the kitchen. She slowly made her way there and saw Veera had started cooking but she blinked her eyes to the sight of him standing in his shorts and vest. His biceps were flexing to his movements. She was so lost in him that she was not aware of him looking at her now.

Veera: Evlo neram sight adippa ? Naa paatha mattum moraikka vendiyadhu. ( How long will you keep looking at me ? and you will stare at me if I look at you )

Kanmani: unna yaaru paatha ? nee enna samaikure nu paathen ( who saw you ? I was seeing what you were cooking ?)

Veera: Pulugu moota. Aama dhan sollen. Manasu konjam sandhosha padum la.  ( Loads of lies... Couldn't you say yes... My heart will feel a little joy....  )

Kanmani ignored his words and stood next to him and saw what he was cooking and stirred the onions in the pan.

Veera's eyes were all over her and he pulled her to stand between him and the counter as he started cutting the vegetables. Kanmani loved the position and held his hand over the knife as they cut the vegetables.

Veera: How can I be quite when we return home after doing all these with you ? I will miss hugging you, kissing you Kanmani..

He smooched her nape and blushed closing her eyes feeling his lips on her skin.

Kanmani: Where there is a will there is a way Mr. Veera....

Veera: Appo promise me that you will co operate if I make way for our will ...

He left the knife in her hand to continue the cutting and he hugged her waist with both his hands. 

Kanmani: I will see how talented you are..

Kanmani Mv: Should I say him now about the condition for marriage ? Will he agree ? No.. no not today.. he is very happy and we don't know if we will get some time like this to spend with each other. Let us cherish this day and I will discuss the conditions when we return home.

Veera: You look so good in my dress Kannu...

He could see her ears turning red and felt proud to the effect he had on her. Turning her around he swiftly lifted her and made her sit on the top of the kitchen island.

Veera: I said I will cook for you so let me do that and after finishing this I will finish you..

She watched as he moved gracefully across the kitchen and in between feeding her bits of vegetables.

Kanmani: when did you learn cooking ? 

Veera: Amma taught me a little and I learnt on my own doing experiments. I cook for amma if she fell ill or was busy with her tailoring works.  

Kanmani: where is your uncle's home in chennai ? I heard you lived nearby only.

Veera: When we shifted to chennai we moved to the same street where my uncle lived. I hated the fact that he was the one who forced my mother to leave the village so after I completed my studies I spoke to amma and we moved out from there. This place is close to my office.