Chapter - 42

Recap: Kanmani and Veera spend some intimate time forthwith her efforts to bring him out his misery.

***********************

Veera and Kanmani reached Ranga's home and Kanmani saw Arul and Bommi were also waiting impatiently as Veera had called them to have serious discussion. They reached the backyard of the door and left the front door to see if someone would hear their conversations.

Veera: I wanted to avenge for my father's death and fulfil the promise that was made to him.

Kanmani: Veera, really ? I m so happy today. This is not only to avenge for Manickam's death but to save the people from that disgusting man's trap. We should do something before they lose everything to him.

Ranga: You are not alone Veera. We are all in this together and I will do anything and everything to support you in this. 

 Veera: I know uncle but since I wasn't here I don't know exactly what and how he is doing things here ?

Kanmani: Veera, he is not alone in this. The collector and MLA are also a part of his business. He gives money to people with a signed agreement but he never gave a copy of that agreement to the person who borrowed money from him.

Bommi: When they are unable to return the money or interest then he don't show mercy and take away their lands in return for the money.

Kanmani: Since he has political support and even the police work in his favour they don't file any case against him when people complaint against him. Police would call Singaram and inform him so that he get a anticipatory bail. He will threaten the person to take back the complaint or to return his money within 2 or 3 days. Obviously those who dared to file complaint will be forced to take it back.

Bommi: He has men working at Collector and MLA's office to keep him updated and so many henchmen who work for him in threatening people.

Kanmani: All his transactions are only in the form liquid cash and no bank transactions. He is very clever not to leave any evidence. 

Bommi: We have noticed that when he makes a scene at anybody's house then we don't have signal in our mobile until he left from there.

Kanmani: If he had used injection on Manickam uncle then sure he or the collector or the MLA must be a well acquaintance of a medical practitioner.

Bommi: His son is returning from US in 2 days and we heard he is getting engaged to the MLA's daughter.

Arul, Veera and Ranga were gobsmacked hearing everything from them.

Arul: Now I knew that you had the full time job of stalking Singaram. 

Veera: You both are just fantastic. You knew so much details ? 

Kanmani: That was my mission to trap him but I couldn't do it except for these details. Though I know the people who had borrowed money from him we don't have evidence for that. Now, what should we do with him or what is our plans ?

Veera: With the information you have given I see he has been very smart to not leave any evidence. 

Ranga: He is not someone who can be trapped just like that especially when he has political background. 

Veera: I will think of some way to work this out.

A week later:

Kanmani and Bommi arrived at the temple and sat by the pond once they finished with offering their prayers.

Bommi: Kanmani, did Veera come with some plan ?

Kanmani: Not yet. But I could see him talking to someone over call in the middle of the nights. Also he is drowned in working in his laptop many times.