Chapter - 46

Recap: Kathiravan convince Ranga to meet Veera without Kanmani's knowledge to discuss about the loan.

*****************

The next day Veera, Moorthy, Pratik and Ranga arrived at a restaurant in the near by town where Kathiravan had called them to meet Baskar. Kathiravan had arrived early and welcomed Veera and others.

Kathiravan: Baskar is on way here with Singaram sir. They will be here shortly.

Less than 30 minutes Baskar and Singaram arrived at the restaurant and sat oppsite to Veera and Ranga with Moorthy, Pratik and Kathiravan seated on the side.

Baskar: Hope you didn't have to wait for too long Veera.

Veera: Nope, we just arrived few minutes back.

Singaram: How are you Ranga ? 

Ranga just nodded his head and Singaram sighed placing his mobile on the table before him.

Singaram: Ranga and Veera, I m here to help you because Baskar and Kathiravan asked for it. Kanmani might hate me for no reason but I don't hold any grudge against her. I will do anything for my son and for some reason he like Veera very much so I m here to help you. Now tell me about your proposal and we shall come to conclusion and if you are worried about the interest then don't worry because Baskar has made clear that I should not claim it like I m a financier. I will only offer you very low interest even less than bank.

Ranga: Thank you but Kanmani cannot know about this, atleast until we settle this arrangement. 

Singaram: Ofcourse I understand. Even I wanted to settle this and focus on my son's engagement.

Veera, Moorthy and Pratik wished Baskar for the engagement and he thanked them. Veera explained his idea on construction of shopping complex and showed the documents of the lands from the village and Chennai.

Baskar: Veera, you don't have to produce the land documents. Just sign a loan agreement and that for my father's sake. 

Singaram: Baskar, I agreed to help you but we need the land document. I will invest half the money and rest I will have to borrow from MLA and he will need document but be assured that the documents will be safe. Veera is your friend and I cannot treat him like an outsider.

Veera: Its ok Baskar, I have no problem in handing over the land documents.

Singaram: Everything is settled then. I m impressed with your proposal so I will get the loan agreement ready in 2 days. You can sign the papers and collect the money.

Ranga: We don't want anyone to know that Veera has borrowed money from you so it would be better if we meet at your farm house or some where else to sign the document and collect the money.

Singaram: Ofcourse I will let you know the time and place by evening.

Ranga: Thank you and you have my word that Veera will pay back the money at the earliest. 

Singaram: Don't force him Ranga. Let him take time and there won't be any pressure from me. 

Baskar: Ofcourse you won't cause he is my friend.

Ranga: Veera, shall we go home ?

Veera made a face to put an act and shook his head not meeting Ranga's eyes.

Veera: I m going out to meet my school friends uncle. Also it would be better if I stay out most of the times rather than staying home and pull a fight about me being jobless.

Ranga: Veera, please don't take her words to your heart.

Veera: hmmm I will return home by night. Please uncle.