Chapter - 35

Recap: Veera and Kanmani get married and Ranga convince Mathi and the reason was yet to revealed to others.

*****************

Arul completed decorating the room with flowers while Radha and Bommi were getting Kanmani ready in the other room. Arul walked to the backyard and saw Veera pacing across biting his nails.

Arul: Yennada unnoda mogathla oru kalavaram theriyudhu ? Adhan ippo kalyanam mudinche apram enna ? ( What is with your gloomy face now ? Looks like there is an inner battle going on within you. You both are married, so what now ?)

Veera: Arul, I haven't spoke to her all the day and didn't get a chance even once for it. I don't even know what is running in her mind right now. What if she has been saving all her anger to unleash on me after you all leave us alone ? 

Arul: thambi kalyanam venum sonninga, ippo panniyachu. Idhukku apram enna nadandhalum nee dhan pathukanum. Apram oru mukkiyamana vishayam, yen thangachi arayarthula oru specialist. All the best pa. Room ku po. Kaalaila veetukku vanga rendu perum illa call pannu naa ambulance kondu varen ( brother, you wanted to get married and that is done today. From now on you will have to handle everything. Also let me tell you a important matter, my sister is a specialist in slapping. All the best man. Go to room. Both of you come home in the morning or call me if I have to get an ambulance to rescue you )

Arul patted Veera's shoulder and left from the place to wait for Bommi outside the home. Radha filled a glass of milk and passed it to Kanmani. 

Radha: Kanmani, don't let any problem spoil your married life. Both of you have equal responsibility in this bond forever. Stay together, if there is any problem then fight together and don't give up on each other. I have already said this to Veera in the morning when we took him to the temple. 

Radha kissed her forehead leaving the girls together.

Bommi: Kanmani, finally you got married to the man whom you have loved for years. Be wise and work out the things between you. All the best and the whole home is for you both today so enjoy without any disturbances. I want a little Kanmani or Little Veera in the next 10 months.

Kanmani: Arghhh Bommi, get lost. My brother must be waiting for you.

Bommi: Ok ok I can understand how eager you are. Bye Kannuuuuu

Bommi ran out and Kanmani took long breathes to calm her nerves.

Kanmani: Its ok Kanmani, he is your Veera and its not like you haven't slept together.. Argghh not that slept together but arghhhh.. shhhh calm down. He won't swallow you. This is the day you have been waiting for years so don't spoil anything. Good luck.

She locked the main door and entered the room holding the glass of milk in her hand. Veera saw her dressed in a simple lemon yellow chiffon saree pinned in single pleat and her hair was adorned with lot of jasmine flowers. She wasn't wearing any jewels except for the little jhumkas and glass bangles that made sound when she placed the glass on the table.

Veera saw Kanmani scanning the room and cleared his throat.

Veera: Kanmani, come sit. Why are you standing ?

Kanmani sat next to him with little distance and he rubbed his nape with both excitement and fear at the same time.

Veera: You look very beautiful today ?

Kanmani: Only today ?

Veera: No no no no, you look beautiful all the time. Today you look extra gorgeous. May be the wedding glow and the nuptial thread looks prefect on you.

Kanmani: hmmmm

Veera Mv: enna hmmm mattum solra. Kovama dhan irukala ? ( What is with her just humming ? Is she angry ?)