Chapter - 38

Recap: Veera encourage Kanmani to train the women in the apartment. Later they talk to Arul and Ranga.

*******************

The next day Veera and Kanmani arrived at the park of the apartment and saw the women were ready for the training. Kanmani smiled at them and greeted them all. Veera excused from them and decided to go on a walk since he didn't want to interfere in their training session.

Kanmani was dressed in a track suit and she started with a introduction about initial warm ups. Half way through the training she heard a few men teasing the women and she glared at them.

Kanmani: Have some shame. You have woman at your home too. Better leave before I give a demo of my skills.

Man1: What quality to you have to train these woman ? Our association treasurer Kumar is a gold medalist in Silambam so don't brag about your skills here before us.

Kanmani: I don't have time for your bullshits. Better get lost or I won't be just talking like you.

Kumar: Hey girl, where are you from and who gave you permission to start training here ? Did you get permission from the association ?

Man1: Kumar, she is that Veera's wife. He just left to the park on the other side.

Kumar: Ohh, Veera's wife ? but he doesn't have a spine to talk to anyone here but look here his wife is acting as if she is a warrior. So Mrs. Veera how about you show you skills to us ? 

Kanmani: Are you not happy that you have a face without any injury ?

Kumar: So confident ? How about you fight with me and if you win then I will do anything you say but if I will ?

Man1: She will fall at your feet and apologize. Will that be ok ?

Kumar: That is usual one but I thought I could ask something else like a hug or a kiss. Its ok, let her apologize this time.

Out of nowhere Veera punched his face and Kumar fell on the floor.

Veera: I have warned you already but still you don't seem to have learnt your lesson. 

Kumar: Idiot, how dare you raise your hand on me ? If you can't see your wife falling at my feet then why don't you fight me ?

Veera gritted his teeth and took the silambam stick from Kanmani.

Kanmani: Veera, no no.. please stop it. I will fight him Veera. Please don't this and get in trouble Veera. I will handle him.

Kumar: Listen to your wife Veera. You still have time to back off and let her fight me. I promise not to hurt any important places on her body.

Veera: Will you speak with the stick or only your mouth ?

Veera removed his shirt and passed it to Kanmani before he came forward holding the stick in his hand. Kumar's friend rushed to his home and returned with the stick and passed it to Kumar.

Kanmani was cursing herself for being the cause of all the problem. She was scared and her body was trembling in fear for Veera and his safety but everything around her froze and turned out of focus the moment she saw Veera taking his stance swirling the stick to offer his respect to the stick. She was taken back when he turned to her and gave her a wink.

She saw Kumar taking his stand and everything happened in a lightning speed. In less than a minute Kumar's stick was in Veera's hand and Kumar was lying on the floor with a busted lips. Kanmani closed her mouth with her palms looking at Veera who had a smirk directed towards the men and Kumar.

Suddenly they heard a few children scream and everyone rushed to them. Everyone saw a huge snake sneaking beneath some bricks.

Veera: Kanmani, get a stick and inform someone to get a sack bag.