Chapter - 17

Recap: Mathi gets to know the rebel side of Kanmani and strictly announce her decision. Later Kanmani meets Mathi and have a conversation.

******************

Kanmani waited for Veera and Arul for a long time but they haven't returned home from the time they left after Mathi's encounter at her home. She prepared dosa and packed for Mathi. 

Kanmani: Appa give this dinner to Mathi aunty. I will go see for Veera and Arul brother.

Ranga: You don't worry for them. They will return so you have your dinner.

Kanmani: No appa, they haven't returned home after Mathi aunty arrived at our home in the afternoon so I will go check on them. 

Ranga gave up knowing very well that is a futile attempt to argue with Kanmani. She drove the TVS champ of her father and stopped before Bommi's house and called her.

Bommi: Indha time la enga di pora ? ( Where are you going at this hours ?)

Kanmani: Get on. We are going to find Veera and Arul bro. They haven't returned home yet.

Bommi: appadiya ? Sapadu time ku correct ah varuvangale ? Call panniya ?( they would be returning on time for dinner then what ? did you call them ?)

Kanmani: Switched off.

Kanmani stopped the champ enquiring a few people if they have seen Arul and Veera. finally she got the lead and reached the playground of the village and saw two figure dancing to some song which she couldn't hear from distance.

Bommi: Aatatha paatha semma kudi pola...vaa poi enna paatukku aduranga pakkalam. Appadi enna sogam ippo avangalukku ( From the way they are dancing seems like they are drunk too much... come lets go and see what is the song they are dancing. What is that are upset now ?)

Kanmani: Vaaya moodu di.. Evlo thimiru irundha thanniya potu suthuvanga . ( Shut your mouth girl.. How dare they go around drinking ?)

She parked the champ and they walked to them and saw they were rocking in dance for the song " Oororom Puliyamaram" . Bommi was laughing and hearing her Arul and Veera turned to the girls. 

Arul: Bommiiiiiiiiiiiiii...no no...no... kundhani...vaa namma oru dance poduvom..  ( Bommi.....no no ono.. fatty... come lets do a dance together)

Veera: Adi yen chella kutty... mosakuttyyyyyyyyyy nee vaa di namma aduvom... dei Aruleyyy nalla oru lovvveeee shong podu da..  ( my dear sweet baby.... bunny babyyyyy come girl let us dance... hey Arulllllll play a nice lovveeee shong man )

Bommi: Podo podu konja nerathula ava ungala nalla poda pora...  ( play it, play it... soon she will give nicely to both of you )

Veera held Kanmani's hand and rolled to his chest and Kanmani frowned to the stinking smell of alcohol.

Veera: Nenju....hiccupp..kul ...peithi...hiccup...peidhidum....maamaz....hiccup... maamazhai.. ( nenjukkul peithidum maamazhai)(song)

Kanmani: Veera vaaya mooditu veetukku vaa ..( Veera, shut your mouth and come home )

Veera: Innum... hiccup..kinja...hiccup..konja... neram... hiccup.. irundha dhan....hiccup.. enna... Kannu.. konja neram iru di.. ( Innum konja neram irundha dhan enna..Kannu stay for some more time girl ) (song)

Kanmani saw the bike they had come was parked and Arul too swaying in Bommi's hold.

Kanmani: Bommi take Arul bro in the champ and I will bring Veera in the bike. Don't go in the main road and take him in the other route and reach the backyard.