Chapter - 45

Recap: Baskar plot out his plans to trap Veera sooner than Singaram had expected.

******************

Veera and Moorthy drove to the coconut grove to chill for sometime. They were seated on the coir cot and Veera saw a man approaching them and guessed him to be Singaram's men from the the way he was wearing the dhoti of the party that Singaram belonged to.

Veera: Who are you and what you are doing at our grove ?

Man: My name is Kathiravan and I work for Singaram sir.

Veera: Why are you here ?

Kathiravan: Veera, I heard you are trying for a loan to start your business here in the village. I know your father in law very well and for his sake I thought of helping you. Singaram sir is the only person who would be able to help you even though your wife Kanmani doesn't like him.

Veera: Why would he help me ? First of all my wife hates him for claiming more interest from people and second thing is, why will he help me when he is well aware of my wife's hatred for him ?

Kathiravan: She thinks that sir is fighting people for no reason but that is not the truth Veera. He gives money to people and who on the earth will not ask the money in return ? He does that but Kanmani hates him for that.

Veera: Whatever could be the reason but I will not take money from the person whom my wife hate. I will not hurt her.

Kathiravan: As you wish Veera but how long will you roam around without a job. Even after you are being offered a loan it would take atleast a year or two for you to run a stable business and what will you do for your household until then ? Men without job is a chappal out of home. No women will respect him. Since you are Ranga's son in law and also I know your father very well so I wanted to help you for his sake. I will talk to Singaram sir to lend you loan on less rate of interest.

Veera: I will take care of my problem. You may leave.

Kathiravan: Here is my number if you ever change your mind.

Kathiravan left a bit paper with his number scribbled on it. One he left Veera and Moorthy laughed crushing the paper and throwing it away.

Moorthy: Why do you throw away ? Save it for future use.

Veera: No, we will not need this because he will come again on his own with different plans to convince me. Now lets go home and check if the camera had done its work.

On way back they saw a car stopped by the road and a man leaning on it. Veera knew it was Singaram's son Baskar as he stalked him on social media. Even Baskar recognized Veera and stopped the bike giving a smile to him.

Baskar: I m sorry but the tyre has flattened and I drove on my own today so could you please help me to find a mechanic to replace with a stepney ?

Veera: What is the need for a mechanic to do that ? We can help you and by the way who are you and I haven't seen you around here ?

Baskar: My name is Baskar and I m Singaran's son. Just returned a few days back on completing my business studies.

Veera stilled and Baskar noticed it but tried to push away any thoughts about him from Veera's mind.

Baskar: But I m planning on leaving the village as soon as possible. I m not interested in any of my father's business here. I want to set up business of my own from my hard earned money. 

Veera and Moorthy had started removing the flattened tyre listening to his rantings as if they were interested in it. 

Veera: Good to know that you wanted to stand on your own.