Chapter one

The sound of the rising waves in the sea was provoking Vikrant Kapoor today instead of calming the storm rising inside him. Eleven years had passed since Neera had passed away, and in these eleven years, he had never felt the need for anyone's company. But after seeing her today, there was a desire in his heart. For the first time, he missed having a life partner in his life.

Whenever friends and relatives asked Vikrant for a second marriage, he would avoid it by saying that Neera was everything to him, and after her death, her memories were enough to live the rest of his life.

He didn't have time to be alone. His seventeen-year-old daughter Anu and thirteen-year-old son Mayank were enough to keep him busy. For him, his children and work were everything.

Anu, Mayank, and their nanny Abha were playing in the sea. It was his small family.

After the birth of Anu, Vikrant's wife Nira kept Abha as a nanny. Abha's good nature had won Neera's heart. The two had become friends, and she had started trusting her about Anu. After the birth of Mayank, Neera started falling ill. Despite receiving treatment, her condition did not improve. She had stopped eating. Before taking her last breath, she had taken a promise from Abha that she would take care of her two children like a true mother, and just then Abha stayed here forever.

The children were enjoying their play, and he was sitting on the rock, looking at the setting sun, and thinking about something. Her face flashed before his eyes. The sea was in her eyes, and he loved the sea.

Seeing her father lost in thought, Anu came and sat beside him. "What're you thinking of? Are you worried about your office?"

"I'm thinking about your mom. Sometimes I feel very lonely."

"You are not alone, Daddy. I and Mayank are with you."

Anu understood what her dad was referring to but deliberately ignored what he was saying. She didn't want anyone to take her mother's place in her life.

"Hmm, right. Let's go home. It's starting to get dark."

Anu started calling Mayank and Abha  Aunty. "Mayank, Aunty...Daddy is calling. Come back soon."

After reaching home, Vikrant had gone to his room, and the children were in their rooms. Abha had gone to instruct Veena for dinner. Veena was the old cook of the house, and her son Manoj was their driver.

As soon as he reached the room, Vikrant called his secretary.

"Hello Rajesh, I need every little detail about Mrs. Mallika Sharma and her family, both financial and personal. Keep in mind that the information is not taken from Google.

Mallika Sharma's file should be on my table by tomorrow evening."

"Yes sir."

Vikrant met Mallika Sharma at a party a few days ago. She was almost the same age. Looking agile with a chiseled body, who could tell that she was the mother of a young girl. He and Mallika Sharma talked about issues here and there for a long time. After talking to her, he understood that this woman has a mind along with beauty.

Last evening itself, Mallika called him home for tea. Just from the time he came from there, the heart and mind had stopped working. His smile and his eyes are not taking the name of moving away from her face. After Neera's departure, for the first time, the desire to get close to someone was awakened.

"I know it's wrong. There is a long age gap. But it doesn't matter when there's love. I will make her fall in love with me."

The first meeting had made such a deep impression on his mind that he began to think about marrying her. But it wasn't that easy. He didn't want to take this step without Anu and Mayank's consent. Mayank was a kid, it wasn't that difficult to convince him. But it was very difficult to convince Anu. He had also found a solution to this problem. The children were very close to Abha and treated her like a mother. It was Abha who could convince them of his second marriage.

He has decided to marry her though he has not even spoken to her yet  properly, the matter of marriage is far away. As soon as he reached the office in the morning, Vikrant had called Mrs. Mallika to talk to her. Before persuading the daughter to marry, it was necessary to convince her mother. No one had the courage to say him no.

He had a good reputation in society. After all, he was the owner of Kapoor Constructions. He had many small businesses. He had huge bungalow near the sea, and so many expensive cars. He was the richest man in the city.

Because of this, he used to be the pride of every party, and after the death of his wife, every woman wanted to come close to him. But no body has ever touched his heart. That's why he didn't marry anyone after his wife's demise. But now that the weather had begun to change, the waves in the sea were surging. Jiah had created a stir by coming into his quiet life. Jiah was the daughter of Mallika Sharma.

Before the evening, his secretary, Rajesh, reached the cabin with the file of Mrs. Mallika Sharma. Vikrant ran a glance at the clock and a look at Rajesh, smiling and saying, "I like this thing. You always finish your work on time. Come on, tell me, what's the big news?"

"Mallika Sharma's husband Ashok Sharma died of a heart attack."

"Everyone knows about this, tell me something which nobody knows." It is heard that Ashok Sharma had seen Mallika with her boyfriend in his own house in a compromising position and due to this he suddenly had a heart attack."

"This news has really surprised me."

"Ashok Sharma's business is in a bad state, and Mallika Sharma is looking for a new goat, means she is looking for a rich husband  who can give her a comfortable life."

"That means she is a cunning and greedy kind of woman. How's her  daughter? Does she have a boyfriend ?

"She is the same as other girls are at this age. She had a boyfriend with whom she recently broke up and is currently single. Her relationship with her mother is not quite good. This file contains all the information about Ashok Sharma's company. Also, Mallika Sharma and her daughter Jiah Sharma's personal information is there."

"Thank you, Rajesh. I will look into the file. Now you can go."

Vikrant had seen the file well and had also found a way to marry Jiah.

♥️ Soniya Jadhav

// Please don't forget to comment and vote.//