Chapter 25

Chapter 25
He had returned home at night. Mallika stayed back at the hospital. She was sitting in the hospital and thinking about how quickly a person's thoughts change.
A few months ago, he was desperate to marry her daughter, ready to go to any extent to get her. Today, the same girl is lying unconscious in the ICU ward of the hospital, and instead of staying here, he went to his home. He was mourning the death of an unborn child instead of being happy for Jiya that she was alive.

Vikrant was so tired, both physically and mentally, that he fell asleep as soon as he reached home. He woke up late because he slept late at night. Anu had gone to college, and Mayank had gone to school. He and Abha were the only ones in the house.

Vikrant was sitting sadly at the dining table, waiting for breakfast.

Abha had put breakfast on the table.

"How's Jiya now? Is the baby okay?"

"Jiya is in the ICU; we have lost our baby."

Seeing Vikrant's sad face and moist eyes, Abha had taken his hand in hers to console him. She was just comforting him when Rahul entered the hall with a bag in his hand.

As soon as Abba saw him, she pulled back her hand.

Rahul has seen it.

He said hello to both of them and asked Abha to arrange for coffee and breakfast.

"What happened, uncle? Why are you so sad, and where is Jiya?"

"She had an accident last night. She's in the hospital."

"Why didn't you visit the hospital to see her this morning?"

"I came home late last night; her mother was there. I have some important meetings throughout the day. I will go to meet Jiya in the evening."

He didn't say much after that and went to his room.

After a while, Rahul's coffee and breakfast arrived.

"Aunt, what about Jiya's pregnancy?"

"She has lost her baby. She is currently in the ICU."

"Did you go to meet her in the hospital?"

"No, I have been busy with household chores since morning. I will go in the afternoon."

Rahul was feeling sorry for Jiya and was surprised at his uncle's behavior. If something like this had happened to his wife, he would not have moved from the hospital. Well, he didn't know what the problem was between the two, and there was no point in interfering in the husband-wife matter.

Vikrant had left for the office and Rahul for the hospital.

Jiya had regained consciousness by morning but was still in a light sleep due to the medicines.

When Mallika got the news of her coming to her senses, she immediately rushed to the ICU, wiping her tears.

"Good morning, dear. How are you now?"

Jiya had ignored Mallika's words.

Her eyes were looking for Vikrant.

"Where's Vikrant, mom?"

"He went home at night. He will come to meet you. Don't stress yourself about anything; everything will be fine."

She didn't say anything.

Mallika was still in the hospital. After some time, Rahul also came to meet Jiya.

"Hello, Mrs. Mallika, How is Jiya now?"

"She's fine. It will take some time for her to recover. Where is Mr. Vikrant?"

"Uncle wanted to come, but due to important meetings, he could not come. As soon as the work is over, he will come to meet Jiya."

Mallika got angry upon hearing Rahul's words.

"What kind of man is he? His wife is in the ICU, and he is busy with important meetings. It was just an accident. Why was he blaming her for the miscarriage? What is gone cannot be brought back, but what is left cannot be ignored."

Mallika was right, but Rahul thought it was best to keep quiet.

"Can you stay here for a while? I'm going home to have some rest."

"Hmmm. Okay."

She thanked Rahul and left.

After a while, when he went to meet Jiya, she was lying down with her eyes closed. Even after so many injuries to her body, she looked beautiful.

"How are you, Jiya?"

"I am fine, Rahul. Can you call Vikrant? I want to talk to him."

"Sorry, phones are not allowed here. By the way, Uncle himself is going to come here in a little while. He was leaving home for the hospital when he got a call from the office for a meeting, which he could not avoid. I have come to meet you only because he asked me. Otherwise, I am scared of the hospital and the patients."

"Don't lie. He is my husband; I know him."

The moment Mallika came back, Rahul left. She was cursing Vikrant. Her heart was saying she made a mistake by getting her married to Vikrant.

He came to see her in the evening. As soon as she saw him, she rolled her eyes.

"Yesterday, I was very tired due to staying in the office for the whole day and in the hospital till 2 am, so I went home. I spoke to the doctor this morning. He said there is nothing to worry about; you are fine, so I went to the office."

"Would you have had the same answer if Anu or Mayank were in the hospital instead of me?"

"They are my children; how can I leave them alone in the hospital and sleep peacefully?"

"Maybe you've forgotten that I'm your wife, who just lost her baby."

"Now there is no need to pretend to be sad. Whatever has happened is the result of your anger and negligence."

Hearing this, Jiya's head began to ache, and she began to feel difficulty in breathing.

Seeing her deteriorating health, Vikrant quickly called the nurse.

"Sister, please see what has happened to Jiya?

"She was absolutely fine until now; how did her health suddenly deteriorate Mr. Vikrant?"

The nurse put Jiya to sleep by giving her an injection.

"Look, Mr. Vikrant; she has just had such a dangerous accident as well as a miscarriage. Don't talk to her about anything that bothers her."

Vikrant knew this, but what to do with his anger? Her face reminds him of how badly she wanted to have an abortion, which made his heart ache with pain. It was difficult for him to bear the loss of his child.

** Thanks for reading the story. Don't forget to vote, follow and comment.