Chapter 29

Chapter 29

To get rid of Jiya, Rahul started going on dates with new girls. It felt good for a while, and then it all started to get boring. All the girls looked pale in front of her.

He had thought of starting a start-up together with a friend, but that too was in limbo. He didn't feel like doing any work. The desire to get Jiya was getting stronger. Often, in dreams, he found himself close to Jiya. These dreams gave him the feeling of paradise at night and of embarrassment when he woke up. 

He knew that imagining a fatherly uncle's wife in his bed was no less than a crime. Still, the heart was not ready to listen to any argument.

Because of this thought, he was ashamed to even meet his uncle. For the first time, he was caught in this vortex of emotions. Here it was not about love; it was about physical attraction, which was becoming more and more difficult for him to overcome.

They all had dinner together. Vikrant felt something different about Rahul's behavior these days. A strange look of disappointment on his face, a grown beard, and long hair were telling the story of his becoming a Devdas.

After dinner, Abha and the children had gone to their room. Rahul was also getting up and going when Vikrant stopped him.

"Wait for some time. Rahul, I need to talk to you."

Vikrant gestured to Jiya to go to the room and started talking to him alone.

"What are you doing, Rahul? If there is any problem, let us know."

"There is no problem; everything is fine. I just wasn't in the mood to get a haircut, so I didn't get one."

"What happened to your start-up?"

"Work is going on. I'll tell you when it's over."

"Will this work ever be completed, or will it continue for the rest of your life?"

Rahul had no answer.

"Look, Rahul, your father has left money for you; that doesn't mean you'll be walking around clubs with girls hand in hand. As long as there is money in your pocket, everyone will follow you. No one will look at you the day the money runs out. Focus on work, not on becoming Devdas behind the girls."

"Yes uncle."

"By the way, which girl is responsible for your Devdas appearance?"

"Not anyone. There's nothing like that. I am not in love with anyone."

"If you don't want to tell me now, I won't force you to either. As Anu and Mayank are to me, so are you. It doesn't matter if you can't work on a startup. If you want, you can come and work for my company."

"Yes uncle."

"Vikrant had gone to his room after talking to Rahul."

Rahul's eyes were filled with tears when he heard his uncle's words. He went to his room and cried. He was very ashamed of his stupid thinking.

Jiya had pioneered Anu's makeover. Both of them used to go shopping in the evening. Abha suddenly did not understand the reason behind this makeover and did not try to look into the matter much. At the moment, her focus was less on Anu and more on Jiya and Rahul. The fire in Rahul's heart seemed to have cooled down. She was just stuck in these thoughts about how to extinguish this cold fire.

At night, Jiya and Vikrant were sitting in Anu's room and talking to her.

"How are your studies going on?"

"It's going well, Daddy. I wanted to ask you one thing."

"Speak hmmm."

"Tomorrow night, my friend Rhea is throwing a party at the club. I told her I couldn't  come, but she insisted. Can I go to the party?"

"How long will the party go on?"

"Until twelve o'clock in the night."

"I am not in favor of this. If there was a party at home, I would have allowed you to go, but a late-night party at the club is not a good idea. I am worried about your safety."

"Ohh! Daddy, I'm eighteen years old, and I can take care of myself. Please let me go to the party."

Jiya said, "Vikrant, if Anu won't go to parties now, then when will she go? This is the age to enjoy life. For her safety, you can send Rahul with her. If Rahul agrees to go with her, then there's no need to worry. "

On hearing Jiya's words, Anu smiled heartily.

Rahul couldn't say no to Vikrant. So he agreed to go take her to the club.

Jiya had done Anu's makeup for the party so well that it was difficult to recognize her. Vikrant had sent them to the party with a lot of instructions. Everyone in the house appreciated her except Rahul.

Rahul started shouting at her as they got into the car.

"Why are you wearing such a short skirt? You should have worn a knee-length skirt. Now all the boys are going to look at your long legs."

"I'll wear what I want. Why should I change my dress because of some unknown guy? Anyway, it is the job of boys to stare; whether wearing a long skirt or a short one, it doesn't matter. Daddy would have told me if I was wearing something wrong."

"For Uncle, you are still his little girl. He wouldn't have thought of it that way."

"When my father didn't say anything to me, then why are you talking to me in such a rude tone? Just focus on driving rather than cribbing about the length of my skirt."

"I am not your driver.If Uncle hadn't asked me, I wouldn't have come with you at all."

Rahul had spoiled her mood. Instead of appreciating, he was shouting at her. 

As soon as Anu reached the party, she went to the dance floor with her friends to dance. Rahul was watching from a distance. Every boy in the party was looking at Anu. To tease Rahul, Anu started dancing with a boy. She was dancing with the boy, but her eyes were on Rahul.

The boy seemed interested in her. Thinking about this, he got closer to her and started dancing. Anu was starting to feel uncomfortable, but she still didn't say anything and kept dancing silently.

Rahul suddenly got up and said, pulling Anu's hand.

"It's getting late; let's go home."

"No, I still have to dance."

The boy asked Rahul, "Why are you stopping her from dancing? Are you her daddy?"

"No, I'm not her daddy; I'm her boyfriend. That's why I am stopping her. Is there anything else you'd like to ask?"

When the boy heard the answer, he quietly walked away.

Due to Anu's insistence, Rahul had to dance with her. After a while, they left the club for home.

On the way, Anu questioned Rahul about why, when she was dancing with the boy, he came in between and why he called himself her boy friend.

The way he was trying to touch you was bothering me.

"Why were you disturbed?"

"Because my uncle has given me the responsibility for your safety. There is no need to wear such small clothes from now on."

"What's wrong with these clothes? You also like girls who wear short dresses."

"They are different, and you are different. Now stop asking questions and let me drive."

He didn't say anything then. She kept thinking that no matter what she did, Rahul would never love her.

Soniyaa D. Jadhav

** Thanks for reading the story. Don't forget to vote, follow and comment.