Chapter 17

Rahul used to spend most of his nights out of the house. He loved to go to parties. He was a rich, handsome, and eligible bachelor. Girls literally drool over him. He was in a serious relationship with one or two girls, but the matter never reached marriage. Perhaps he hadn't found what he was looking for.

Preparations for the wedding were in full swing at Vikrant's house. Only a few days were left for the wedding. Abha didn't like the way Jiya got friendly with Anu and Mayank.

Anu, who never bought even a handkerchief without her help, was buying clothes as per Jiya's choice today. Abha seemed to be losing her dominance. She had no one of her own except Vikrant's family. She spent half of her life in this house. She didn't have anywhere else to go.

She would have her job as a nanny as long as the children needed her. Anu was about to turn eighteen, and Mayank was also growing up. Honestly speaking, there was no need for a nanny to take care of them.

She was afraid of where she would go if she lost her value in the eyes of the children. How will she be able to live alone without the house in which she has spent so many years and the family she considers her family? She was thinking in her mind that if Jiya had not come into Vikrant's life, then everything would have continued in the old way without any hindrance.

They lived together as a family, spending time with each other. Jiya came in between and spoiled everything. Now Vikrant, Jiya, Anu, and Mayank are members of one family, and she is just the nanny of the children. She felt as if Jiya had come and taken away her family from her.

They all reached Goa two days before the wedding. Though it was Vikrant's second marriage, for Jiya, it was her first. Mallika wanted to get her daughter married with all the rituals. Vikrant was not ready for this at first, but later on, he accepted her mom's request.

Seeing the enthusiasm of Jiya, Vikrant also got excited. Be it their mehendi, sangeet, or haldi ceremony, everyone enjoyed it together. Anu and Mayank were happy to be a part of all the functions. It was the first marriage they had seen so closely. Abha was doing a good job of pretending to be happy. Rahul had come on the day of the wedding.

On the wedding day, Vikrant was looking like a king in a Jodhpuri suit, and Jiya was looking like a queen in a pink lehenga. Including Vikrant, everyone present at the wedding was mesmerized by her looks.

Rahul was dumbfounded to see her in a bridal avatar. She looked so beautiful and different that his eyes stuck on her face for a few seconds. He was continuously staring at her. Abha whispered softly in his ear.

" It's not a good thing to stare at your uncle's wife like this, Rahul."

On hearing this, he was taken aback.

"I know this, Abha aunt; my memory is not as weak as yours. Perhaps you have forgotten that Uncle considers me his son and that you are just the nanny of his children. By the way, being an uncle's wife, a relationship is formed between us, and it is not a sin to see my aunt."

"What do you mean?"

"I think you have already understood what I meant. Think about saving your job. Your job could be at risk. The children have found their new mother."

The smile on Rahul's lips had angered Abha.

Her mind was saying, "Let's see, Rahul, who goes from this house, me or you?"

After the wedding, Mallika took Jiya to Vikrant's room. She hugged her and showered her with love and blessings. She explained some important things about marriage, and then she left.

When Vikrant went to say goodnight to Anu and Mayank, he saw that both were fighting over something, and Abha was pretending to try to resolve their quarrel.