Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Next morning, Vikrant and Jiya went to say goodbye to Anu and Mayank as they were leaving for Mumbai.

Jiya's face was glowing. Vikrant was looking happy too. Seeing such happiness on her daddy's face, Anu hugged both of them. She softly whispered in Jiya's ear, "thank you for marrying my dad. He looks so happy now."

"Say thanks to your dad for choosing me as his life partner. I am madly in love with him."

After everyone left for Mumbai, they went to the private beach of the hotel to have some fun. After a night halt, they left for Mumbai the next morning.
Vikrant's whole family had welcomed her with an open heart. Abha had decorated the house beautifully with flowers to welcome her. Every nook and cranny of the house was filled with the fragrance of roses.

Jiya had seen Vikrant's house for the first time today. She had never imagined it would be so beautiful and big. His bathroom was bigger than her previous room. Although she had grown up in luxury, it was nothing in front of Vikrant's grandeur.

She was feeling like a queen. Vikrant's house had made her heart happy.

Vikrant had blindfolded her before taking her to his room.

"Why did you blindfold me?"

"To give you a surprise."

He took her hand and led her into the room.

"Open your eyes honey."

As soon as Jiya removed the blindfold from her eyes, her mouth was left open, seeing such a big room. The walls of the room were painted in her favorite colors. On the wall right in front of the bed was a large, beautiful picture of Jiya and Vikrant, with a collage of pictures from her childhood to growing up. Everything in the room was beautiful. The sea was visible through the window of his room. The house was exactly what she had dreamed it would be.

"Did you like your room and the house?"

"Everything is as beautiful and perfect as you."

He took her hand and led her to the bathroom.

She was surprised to see such a big bathroom. It was all white and super clean. The large bathtub, decorated with scented candles, took her heart away.

"Jiya, what about having an evening date in the bathtub?"

"Why wait for the evening, honey, when we are both here?"

A dimly lit bathroom, filled with the scent of lavender candles. Soft music plays as bubbles float atop warm water. Two people share a quiet moment in the bathtub, their eyes locked, and whispers of love fill the air.

Jiya's and Vikrant's lives had a new beginning, and the two left for Paris a day later for their honeymoon. Vikrant had no dearth of money, and Jiya was well aware of it.

They went to Paris from Mumbai in business class.

As soon as she stepped into Paris, she felt as if she had entered the world of dreams. The cool weather, Vikrant's company, and the romantic atmosphere of Paris—Jiya has got it all. After that, she didn't want anything else.

Walking on the streets of Paris holding Vikrant's hand seemed so romantic to Jiya. On the streets, couples were openly expressing their love for each other, irrespective of their age. After coming here, she realized that age really does not matter in love.

An elderly couple was sitting on a bench, holding each other's hands. They were laughing while talking, kissing each other with love in between.

"Vikrant, see how cute they're looking together. There is nothing bad about seeing both of them express love to each other, but it feels pleasant."

"To be honest, we can learn a lot from foreigners. Growing old does not mean that we have to kill our desires. As long as there is life, it should be celebrated. Once you cross the age of forty-fifty in India, there is nothing in the lives of elderly people except chanting hymns and taking care of grandchildren. In foreign countries, elderly people live with enthusiasm and zeal like young people. In every culture, there is something to learn."

"You are right, Vikrant. Thank you for bringing me to Paris. There is something in the atmosphere here that creates a feeling of love in you."

The gap between Vikrant's and Jiya's lips was shrinking, but who cared? Here, no one is going to ogle you. Everyone is busy in their own world.

Paris was the city of love. In the evening, the whole of Paris was lit up with lights. The whole of Paris could be seen from the Eiffel Tower. They enjoyed a meal at a restaurant inside the tower.

These were the best days of Jiya's life. Vikrant, love, and Paris had become synonymous with each other. The next day, they went to Notre Dame. It was considered one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture in France and Europe.

Half the time was spent in Paris and half in making love. Vikrant did not want to leave Jiya, nor did Jiya want to get out of his loving embrace.

Both of them had also gone to the Seine River to enjoy the cruise, which flows for about eight hundred kilometers in Paris through the English Channel. A boat ride on the River Seine passes over several bridges, passing between sights such as the Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Eiffel Tower. A Seine cruise lasts about an hour, but it was the best way to see Paris at night.

Jiya was so happy while taking a boat ride that she hugged Vikrant lovingly.

After sunset, the main sights of the city were illuminated. It seemed as if the city of love had turned into a city of light.

Jiya and Vikrant had shopped for everyone at famous shopping stores in Paris, such as Les Galeries Lafayette and Rue Beaugrenelle.

Both of them had come to the hotel after shopping. The next day, they took a flight to Mumbai. Jiya was lying with her head on Vikrant's chest, and Vikrant was caressing her hair.

"Thank you for marrying me. After you came into my life, I realized how lonely I was. I can't express in words how happy I am. There was money, children but there was no one with whom I could talk freely or with whom I could share my love. You have brightened my life with your love Jiya.

He started singing.
"Nothing gonna change my love for you.
You ought to know by now how much I love you.
One thing you can be sure of
I'll never ask for more than your love."

♥️ Soniya Jadhav

**Don't forget to follow, vote and comment. Thanks for reading the story.

Guys please vote for the story. Your vote matters to me lot.