Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Ten minutes had passed, and Vikrant had not yet arrived. Jiya's temperature began to rise. "She called him and angrily said," "If you don't come in five minutes, I'll leave."

"I won't let you go anywhere."

She was surprised to hear this.

"Take a look behind you; I'm standing next to a white Mercedes. Please come quickly."

"How did you get late?"

"Your mother stopped me. Who could possibly ignore her?"

"Ohh! You had to leave my mother's company because of me. You can go back to the party if you want. I will catch a cab and go home."

"You are an angry bird. You know how your small nose becomes red when you're upset? I am sorry, Jiya. Smile now."

"But I dislike waiting."

"Good! And what else don't you like?"

"If you learn everything in one day, there will be no reason to meet again."

"I'm not looking for an excuse to meet you."

"Oh, great! Look, there's the beach."

The moon shone brightly at night. Walking barefoot on the damp sand with Jiya, listening to the waves, was a form of healing for both mind and heart.
Because of the strong wind, hair was repeatedly coming on Jiya's face, and she was trying to get it stuck behind her ears.

"Why don't you tie your hair?"

"How do I tie? I have sandals in my hand."

"Give me your sandals and tie your hair."

"Jiya Sharma's sandals in the hands of Mr. Vikrant Kapoor will become the headline of tomorrow's newspaper."

"There's no media here. You can put your sandals in my hands without worrying."

Vikrant was holding her sandals in his hand, and Jiya was tying her hair. He was so mesmerized by Jiya that he did not feel anything strange, even holding her sandals. He was just mesmerized by her beauty.

After walking for some time, both of them sat on the rock.
"How strange it is that we do not even know each other properly but are still spending time together on the seashore in the darkness of the night."

"All I know is that you are the owner of Kapoor Constructions, and you will not do anything wrong with me."

"Do you trust me so much?"

"Hmmm, I don't think you are that kind of person who considers girls as sex objects. If you ever have a relationship with someone, it will not be just for passing time; it will be forever."

Vikrant was amazed by her answer.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"In one meeting, you started understanding me quite well."

"Sometimes one meeting is all that is required to understand someone, and other times it takes a lifetime."

"You are wiser than your age; I didn't expect it. Your words have touched me."

Hearing this, she started laughing.

"Tell me about your family."

"Eleven years have passed since my wife, Neera, passed away. I have a seventeen-year-old daughter, Anu, and a thirteen-year-old son, Mayank."

"Eleven years is a very long time. Have you ever thought about a second marriage?"

"In these eleven years, I have never felt the need to get married, but for a few days, I have started feeling lonely and thinking about a second marriage."

 Jiya laughed. "I hope the thought of a second marriage didn't come to your mind after meeting my mother."

"No, I have started liking someone else."

"This is wrong, Mr. Vikrant. My mother is dreaming of marrying you."

Vikrant was shocked to hear this.

"I didn't give her any indication that I was interested in her."

"She's like that only. Seeing every rich man, she starts thinking about marrying him."

"You shouldn't talk about your mom like that."

"Mr. Vikrant, I am like that. My mother often says I don't have a bone in my tongue, and that's what she dislikes about me."

"You talk so bluntly; don't hesitate even for a second to speak the truth, no matter how bitter it is. This trait is very rare these days.

Are you single or in a relationship?"

"I'm currently single, but I recently broke up."

"I'm sorry. May I know the reason?"

"He was cheating on me, and I hate cheaters. So I left him."

"I also hate people who are not loyal to their partners."

"We both have a few things in common, Mr. Vikrant."

"That's why we are sitting here alone at this hour and talking to each other, Jiya.

It's getting late; it's time to drop you off at your house."

Hmmm...

Vikrant was leaving Jiya's house when she stopped him. "Thank you for making tonight special. I will always remember this night."

"Instead of you, I should say thank you to you. It was our first meeting, but not the last. See you soon!"

Both had a smile on their faces.He had lived one day of his life for himself today, after so many years.

After today's meeting, Vikrant's decision to marry Jiya was even more certain.

When Jiya reached home, she saw Mallika sitting in the hall, waiting for her.

"Where were you?"

"I went to the beach with a friend.x

"May I know your friend's name?"

"Have I ever asked you the names of your friends?"

"You're not my mom; I'm your mom. I have every right to ask the question: with whom was my daughter spending time on the beach at such a late hour?"

"I went with Aman. I was getting bored at the party when I got a call, and a plan was made to go to the beach with him.
Don't worry, we're just friends. There was nothing more than friendship between us.

I'm going to bed, mom. You go to sleep too, and yes, stop worrying about me; I am a grown-up girl now."

Mallika was surprised to see her daughter's attitude.

Jiya had deliberately taken Aman's name. She didn't want to break Mallika Sharma's dream of marrying Mr. Vikrant Kapoor so soon.

♥️ Soniya Jadhav

*Do leave a vote/comment behind if you liked this chapter.
Thank you for reading.