Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Jiya was working out in the gym when Vikrant called her.

Vikrant's emotions became uncontrollable upon hearing the sound of her loud breathing. He started imagining wild things with her. He put a break on his feelings and started talking to her.

"Where are you now? Your heart is beating so loudly that I can hear its sound on my phone."

"I'm in the gym right now, on the treadmill. Wait a minute; she stopped walking on the treadmill and got down."

"Why did you call me?"

"I am free in the evening; if you wish, we can have dinner together."

"Okay. Where to come?"

"My driver will come to pick you up at 7 p.m. I'll meet you directly at the hotel."

"That's fine, but which hotel?"

"This is a surprise."

"Okay, then see you in the evening, Mr. Vikrant."

On reaching home, Jiya told Mallika about her plans for a dinner date with Vikrant.

"Be well prepared. What are you going to wear?"

"No idea,. I haven't thought about it yet".

"Wear something traditional; he will be happy to see you in Indian clothes."

Mom, I'm only twenty-three years old. I am going on a dinner date, not going to the temple with him. I will wear whatever I feel is right."

"Jiya, when will you listen to your mother? All Indian men have the same mentality. They love to see their girlfriends in sexy clothes, but they expect their wives to be fully dressed. Anyway, this date is not with your boyfriend; it is with your would-be husband, who is many years older than you."

"Mom, it was not easy for me to agree to marry him. Please don't spoil my mood by repeatedly reminding me about his age."

"Okay, I am sorry. Do whatever you want to do. Just don't do anything stupid that will make him refuse to get married."

"Okay, mom."

Jiya went to her room, shaking her legs in anger.

Jiya did not like her mother's interference in everything. Though she had agreed to marry Vikrant, she wanted Vikrant to like her the way she is. Before the wedding, she wanted to get to know him and spend some time with him. She had inherited her mother's genes, but she was not completely like her. The innocence within her was still alive.

In the evening, she wore a white, semi-transparent kurta. She was looking glamorous as well as elegant. Mallika was happy to see her in a sexy Indian avatar.

"Now you are looking like the daughter of Mallika Sharma. Vikrant's heart will jump into his hand upon seeing you."

"Oh Mom! Don't be so happy. I'm leaving; Vikrant's driver is waiting outside."

"Well, take care of yourself and keep a check on your tongue."

Jiya looked at her mother angrily and walked out.

As soon as she got in the car, she felt something strange in her heart. She was a little nervous. She was praying for everything to go well. She didn't want to marry Vikrant just for money. She wanted something between the two that could keep her connected to him.

Jiya was so engrossed in her thoughts that she did not notice when the hotel arrived. Vikrant had come to take her out himself. Today, instead of wearing a black suit, he was wearing a white T-shirt with jeans.