Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Vikrant slept late because he arrived home late at night. By the time he woke up, Anu and Mayank had already left for school. Abha told him about the children's resentment, which made him quite sad. But then he changed his mind, explaining that, aside from children, he has a personal life and also has the right to be happy.

When he arrived at the workplace, he received a phone call from Mrs. Mallika. She invited him to join her for lunch.

"Mrs. Mallika, I will call you in a while and let you know."
He instantly disconnected her phone and dialed Jiya's number.

"How are you doing?"

"My mood is good. What about you?"

"Since last night, my mood has been soaring. I just received a call from your mother. She asked me to have lunch with her. Why don't you join us? It'll be fun."

"No, it's not possible right now because I have to go out for lunch with my friend. You enjoy your lunch date. Anyway, I don't want to disturb both of you."

"Stop talking nonsense. You know I'm not interested in your mom."

"It's not important whether you are interested in her or not; the point is that she is interested in making you my daddy."

"Don't make me angry by talking nonsense. And who are you going with?"

"Oh hey! You're already trying to be my dad. I'm late; I'll talk to you later."

Jiya's way of talking had spoiled Vikrant's mood. After saying yes to Mrs. Mallika for lunch, he called his secretary, Rajesh, to the cabin.

"Sir, you called me?"

"Yes, Rajesh, just keep an eye on Mallika's daughter, Jiya. Where she goes and whom she meets?"

"Yes sir."

After Rajesh left, Vikrant started thinking about Jiya. After spending such a good time together last night, he did not expect that Jiya would talk to him in this way. He knew very well that if he proposed to Jiya for marriage, she would refuse. So he had planned to talk to Mrs. Mallika first.

In the afternoon, Vikrant and Mallika met for lunch at a five-star hotel.

Mallika was looking gorgeous as ever. They both smiled and greeted each other.

"Thank you, Mr. Vikrant, for taking time out for lunch with me."

"It's my pleasure, Mrs. Mallika. Let's eat first, and then we'll have a talk."

After the meal, Vikrant got straight to the point.

"Mrs. Mallika, I want to marry your daughter, Jiya."

She was so surprised to hear that, for a few seconds, she wasn't able to utter a single word. She looked at Vikrant with astonished eyes. She wasn't expecting it at all.

"Are you in your senses or not?"

"I am fully aware of what I am saying. For a long time, I have been thinking about it. I love her and want to marry her."

"Mr Vikrant, Jiya is your daughter's age. How can you think like that?"

"Age doesn't matter in love."

"You may love her, but she can never love you. I know my daughter very well. It's a strict no-no from my side for this marriage. I can't even think of marrying off my daughter to a man of her father's age."

"You are saying no to me, Mrs. Mallika, and I don't like those people who say no to me. You are completely in debt from head to toe. You are maintaining your expensive lifestyle by selling jewelry. I have a proposition for you. I will buy your company and repay all your debts. Besides that, I will give you a forty percent share of the company. Now use your mind and think about my offer.

Women's age has an expiration date, not men, Mrs. Mallika. I can marry any girl of my choice, as there's no shortage of beautiful girls for me, but I am interested in marrying Jiya only. Your financial situation can betray you at any time, and I don't want to see you and your daughter begging on the street. It's better to think about marrying your daughter than your own marriage. She is young and beautiful. It's much easier to find a rich husband for her than yourself."

After thinking for a while, Mallika said, "I need some time to think about your offer."

"Don't take too much time. I'll be waiting for your reply."

"What if Jiya refuses to get married to you?"

"That's why I didn't speak to her directly. Find out the best way to convince her to marry me. But one thing to keep in mind while persuading her for marriage is that it should not tarnish my image in her eyes. I hope you understood what I said.
I have to go now. Otherwise, I will be late for the meeting."

Even after Vikrant left, Mallika sat there for a while and thought about what he had said. His image was tarnished by himself in her eyes. Well, he was a businessman, and he knew very well how to achieve things.

She kept her heart aside and started using her mind; she realized that Vikrant's offer was not that bad. There is nothing wrong with accepting his offer to maintain her lavish lifestyle. Anyway, how long can one depend on a sinking company burdened with debt to survive?

What does Jiya have to worry about? She's beautiful and young. One day, she will marry someone and leave me alone. How am I going to live my life after that? I am getting older day by day. There's nothing wrong with protecting my future.

I will try my best to convince Jiya to marry Vikrant, but the problem is that I know that she is stubborn, and it's not easy to convince her to marry Vikrant.

By evening, Jiya's report had also reached Vikrant's office.

There was no need to worry; she had gone to lunch with a friend named Neha and then returned home after visiting the mall with her for a while.

This made Vikrant happy. Now he was just waiting for Jiya's yes.

♥️ Soniya Jadhav

**Do leave a vote/comment behind if you liked this chapter.

Thank you for reading.