Chapter 13

Mallika Sharma had her own plans; Vikrant Kapoor had his. Both played the game in their own way. Jiya neither knew about the business deal between Vikrant and Mallika nor about the prenuptial agreement. Ignorant of all these things, she had given her heart to Vikrant and was immersed in his thoughts.

Well, Vikrant had done the business deal only to lure Mallika because he had fallen in love with Jiya and he did not want to lose her under any circumstances.

After meeting Jiya, Abha's heart was torn into pieces. She was jealous of Jiya's beauty and her youth, which she could not express even if she wanted to. There was no doubt that she loved Vikrant's children a lot, but it was also a fact that she loved Vikrant.

She never had the courage to express her feelings, always waiting for the right time. But the right time never came. Jiya today made her realize that looks matter more to a man than good nature.

Vikrant had called Mallika Sharma to his office in the morning. As soon as she arrived, he had put the papers of the prenuptial agreement in her hand, seeing which a smile came on her lips, but she was also a little surprised.

Vikrant Kapoor had so easily transferred his two companies,  pent houses, and lakhs of rupees in the form of shares and cash to Jiya's name.

"I had not expected that you would do so much in the name of my daughter so soon."

"I did all this in the name of my wife-to-be, Jiya, not your daughter. By the way, all this property would come to her after the divorce, not before that, and I would not let the divorce happen."

"Even though I don't think such a thing will ever happen, you know time is uncertain.

Believe me, I was not happy while preparing the papers for the prenuptial agreement. But I had to think about my daughter's future. I hope you won't misunderstand my intentions."

"I have never doubted your intentions, and I never will. You are doing a great job as a mother."

Mrs. Mallika could not understand how much truth was in Vikrant's words and how much sarcasm there was. Sometimes his face and voice made it difficult to understand when he was telling the truth and when he was lying.

Well, her work was done, so she asked for Vikrant's permission to leave.

"You are leaving soon. At least have a cup of coffee."

"Okay, how can I say no to coffee? When are you planning to get married?"

"No date has been set yet. Once Jiya and I decide everything, then she will give you all the details. The wedding will take place in Goa."

"Wow! You have chosen a romantic place, Goa. It will be fun at the wedding."

Hearing this, a smile came to Vikrant's lips.

After having coffee, Mallika went to her house.

After she left, he called his secretary, Rajesh, to the cabin.

"Yes, sir, you called."

"Well done, Rajesh. I'm happy with your work."

"Sir, I did what you asked me to do."

"Yes, but you also made some contributions to it.

We made a good fool of Mallika Sharma. The companies that are in Jiya's name are all going into losses. Pent Houses and the shares are not a big deal for me."

"Sir, what if Mrs. Mallika finds out the truth?"

"She doesn't have the mind to know the truth."

"Jiya Ma'am might feel bad about it."