Chapter 4: the hospital

They were all taken to a room with empty beds, they were given some food. A nurse was with them to watch them until their parents showed up, or until the next morning so it was safer for the older kids to walk home. Maruso Bakugo came first and was informed of his wife's death and inko and izuku midorias death. While this was happening the nurse was out of the room for a short while and the kids stayed quiet to listen to the conversation.

Doctor: "mr Bakugo, mitsuki Bakugo and Inko Midorias body was recovered but Izuku Midorias body couldn't be found anywhere so we believe that he was taken by some animals. We understand that you may take a while to process your losses so you and your son can stay in the hospital for a bit and we can provide you with food and water" the doctor formally said this while trying to have a sympathetic face and then left to go to other patients.

Katsuki, Ace and Shoto were asleep on the beds while tears still ran down their damp cheeks. Tenko sat on a chair in the corner of the room. The other 4 panicked because they knew soon their parent would be there aswell.

Sunny: "that means soon our parents and guardians are going to be here. My aunt. Oh god please don't let her be at a party. She will come to the hospital smelling like weed which means I'll get in trouble" Sunny frantically says while thinking about the consequences if his aunt came to a hospital like that. "If I get taken away from my aunt and put in foster care or sent to a distant relative we could all get separated!"

Elijah: "calm down sunny if that happens me and Isaiah will come get you and we will all run away together -an-and we can escape from our family's and live together happily" optimistically Elijah states his plan.

Isaiah: "what about our father, when he finds out we've been sneaking out and worse when he finds out about shotos quirk being both fire and ice. He will keep a closer eye on Shoto making it easy for us to leave but what about him"

Toya: "okay, nobody is running away we can't leave eachover , we can become hero's together and we will escape our problems together that includes doing that with our younger siblings" whilst staring at the twins.

*hospital alarms* CODE BLUE OUT SIDE OF HOSPITAL IN AMBULANCE BAY

Sunny rushes to the window and peers out to look in the ambulance bay.

Sunny: "oh... isn't that.."

Toya: "that's kats dad- Maruso Bakugo"

Katsuki: slowly sits up, still rubbing his eyes "my dads here?" His nose still running

The nurse comes back into the room

Nurse: "get away from the window now" she says calmly while closing the window and curtains "Tenko your dads here, and katsuki my colleague needs to talk to you so can you come with me?"

Katsuki grabs the nurses hand and wave's goodbye to his friends. Hitashi walks in the room as katsuki leaves and warmly smiles at him.

Hitashi M: "tenko, it's time to leave, we're moving to try and start a new life" Hitashi gets on one knee to talk to look his son in the face while he says this.

Tenko M: "okay...father" tenkos eyes have dried up and he just looks dead and hopeless as he follows his father out the hospital to his car. The others don't get a chance to say goodbye before he leaves.

The group falls silent then sunny is taken by someone who isn't his aunt and that person takes the sleeping ace with him.

Mysterious person: "hello everyone! I am lieutenant coy I'm here to take sunny and ace, I will be fostering and hopefully adopting them " his smile was warm and he had a sweet voice that was friendly towards the children "I understand that all of you have been through something very horrible today and I don't expect you to open up to me quickly but I will be here for sunny and ace and will try to raise them the best I can, but unfortunately I don't live around here so this may be the last time you get to see each other "Sunny walked up to him and hugged his waist.

Sunny: "thank you but can I say goodbye to my friends first" he was relieved that he hopefully wouldn't be sent to live with his aunt again

Coy: "of course" he spoke softly as sunny let go he went to pick up ace

Sunny: "we will meet again- promise" he wrapped his arms around Isaiah and Elijah

Elijah: "don't forget about us- okay and come back so we can all go to UA together" his eyes begins to water again. Isaiah stays silent and just hugs his brother and close friend.

Enji todoroki walks in
Enji T: "Isaiah, Elijah, Toya come on , we are going to have a very long talk when we get home." He picks up Shoto and is about to walk out until he is stopped by the doctor

Doctor: "Endeavour congratulations your son has both fire and ice, the fire mixed with katsuki Bakugos quirk which made the explosion bigger while his ice stopped him from getting burned" with saying that the doctor hands over some files to lieutenant coy "those are sunnys and aces medical files, come fill out some paperwork and you can take them home.

Endeavours eyes beam with pride as he takes his masterpiece to the car as his other kids follow.