Chapter 9: the twins

Isaiah todoroki PoV
It's been a few days since the fire, luckily the fire was put out before it reached the house. Toya hasn't been found and father is keeping a closer eye on us as to not raise suspicion to the public eye, it would ruin his reputation if they found out why his kids are running away from home. He wrote Toya off as a quirk malfunction and he ran away from home out of guilt and shame that he could have hurt his family. That's complete bullshit tho. It may not seem like it is from the outside but when father was yelling at us it was when I realised that he didn't love us at all, all we are to him are mistakes and we will never be as important as his new found 'masterpiece'. Im not mad at Shoto he can't control what happens. Our 'father' thinks we are weak and our quirks aren't compatible with our body's, but he doesn't know that he's never seen us use our quirks. I remember the day we got our quirks.

It was on our 4th birthday, father wasn't there he was working. He wasn't even required to work he just wanted a chance to get ahead of allmight. Me and Ej (Elijah) got our quirks at the same time. I have a quirk called dry ice basically my ice can reach extremely low temperatures and it only melts when I tell it to. It's pretty cool. Ej has basically a really op fire quirk. He can make it reach temperatures as hot as the sun. We can also create whips with our quirks i form ice that creates a chain while Ejs is a bit more chaotic and dangerous and it works just like a normal whip he just needs to learn how to lower the temperature, if he can. When father came home and when he heard we got our quirks the first thing he asked was if either of us got bothered fire and ice and when he heard then neither of us had both he didn't care. He started ignoring us. Then mom had fuyumi, then Natsuo, then Shoto. That's why we leave tonight. We're going to find Toya then we're going to get sunny and ace. Toya is bound to know where Tenko is they're close and they both bond over taking care of their younger siblings and being the oldest child. Although fuyumi does help out a lot.

01:00am
*Alarm*
Isaiah: "Ej come on it's time to leave ,no one is awake." I turn of the alarm and slowly get up. My body is stiff.

Elijah: "five more minutes mom" he says this while waving his hand hinting at me to leave. I roll my eyes and kick him in the nuts.

Isaiah: "awake now?"

Elijah: "you're a dickhead" he grunts as he says this, out of pain and exhaustion. I get ready, in the dark, and start to pack my bag. Ej starts to do that as well. He creates a small flame and just leaves it floating in the air.

Isaiah: "since when can you do that?!"

Elijah: "huh....er I dunno now I guess" he shrugs his shoulders as he says this. I just continue getting ready. Im wearing all black including a black mask and hat. I look over at my brother, my twin, my life partner and see him wearing.......

Isaiah: "ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? DO YOU WANT US TO GET CAUGHT? YOU'RE WEARING NEON YELLOW SHIRT AND SHOES WITH WHITE TROUSERS"

Elijah: "what? You said no body was up so why does it matter what I wear and you talk about not waking anyone up but your yelling so...SHHHH"

Isaiah: "we have cameras on the outside so when they check to see which way we went they will see a human highlighter walking into the forest!" After I say this I see him take a moment to process and then make a 'oh' shape with his mouth.

While he changes into black clothing I head to the kitchen to get some food and water. Then...

Shoto: "Isaiah? Are you leaving?" I see his little head peaking around the door. I sigh and kneel in front of him.

Isaiah: " me and Elijah are going to find Toya and then go find our friends, and try to find Tenko." As soon as I say this he wraps his arms around me.

Shoto: "please don't leave me...I'm scared...I want izu, I miss him, it hurts"

Isaiah: "we will come back and get you. And your burn hurts? I'll get some pain meds and in the morning ask fuyumi to apply more of that cream-okay?" We aren't coming back for him, it's the same reason we aren't getting katsuki either, their too young and we have no idea where we are going after finding Toya.

Shoto: "my burn doesn't hurt"

Isaiah: "oh what does hurt then? Your tummy?" I try my best to talk to him in a way that he would understand. I also check his head to see if he has a fever, which he doesn't.

Shoto: "no.. everything just hurts, my feelings hurt"

Isaiah: "you're grieving Shoto. That's what people do when the lose someone they love and care about, they mourn. Come on we can talk about it for a bit while I wait for Elijah." I sit down on the floor patting a space next to me.

Shoto: "I miss izu, he made me feel good. I felt happy when I was around him. But now he's gone and I won't feel that way again."

Isaiah: "well don't focus on the negatives focus on how he made you feel, like what kind of happy he made you feel or think of good memories that you had with him"

Shoto: "the day I first met him was when I was waiting for Toya to come out of the shop, then some kids came up to me and started calling me names like peppermint or candy cane. Izu saw and stopped them. Then when Toya came out we met Tenko and everyone else. He made me feel warm and fluffy but then katsuki and ace took izu away. That made me sad until izuku pulled me over as well."

Isaiah: "Sho, if you could describe izuku in 1 word what would it be?"

Shoto: "he's like a cute, fluffy ball of sunshine"

Isaiah: "that was 3 not including ball but sure that works, anyway any time you see something cute, fluffy or a ball of sunshine you think of All the good times you had with izuku and celebrate his life not his death."

Shoto: "I'm 4, I can't count. But thanks. Goodbye big brother and don't come back for me I know I'll be a dead weight" with saying this he wraps his arms around my neck one last time and goes to bed. I don't know when I'll see him again but I hope in the nicest way possible that it's not any time soon.

Isaiah: "hey sho one last thing"

Shoto: "yeah?"

Isaiah: "do you see izuku as more than a friend?"

Shoto: "see him as my best friend?"

Isaiah: "no-never mind you'll understand when you're older. Good luck"

Shoto: "okay. Goodnight" he continues walking to his room and as he closes his door another opens. Ej comes out wearing black and we head out the door.

The cold, nighttime breeze hits me as we step out. Me and Ej start walking into the forest until we reach the burnt down trees.

Elijah: "sunny? Ace?.....izuku...?" Im confused but as I look in the direction he is looking I see them.

Isaiah: "what the fuck? How the hell are you alive?"

Sunny: "long story we'll talk on the way but we have to go now!" Sunny grabs both of us and we run further into the forest as izuku explains how is quirk is basically immortality and he's like a kind of god of life and death. Eventually we reach a car and we all get in and are taken to a military base. Mr coy is there and explains how we are being recruited to this special forces team. When he told us everyone else had already agreed including sunny my idiot twin agreed immediately so not wanting to leave him behind I agreed too...