Chapter 22: sports festival

Izuku midoria PoV:
The UA sports festival is today, when we were in our home room people from 1b were watching us. They were looking at the competition. Shota still has bandages on him. His face is covered and his arms are in slings. Ever since we picked our hero names kacchan has been more distant, he doesn't want me to be like the izuku he knew. Me and Shoto are getting closer, we hang out alomost everyday, I don't think anyone really pays attention to it. We all get changed and head to the arena. Auntie is telling us the rules while hizashi and shota spectate.

(Because I'm lazy, first two rounds go by like they do in the anime. In the last round shoto and deku fight near the end,  the fight that determines who's 3rd.)

Izuku: "hey promise you won't go easy on me, ok? And use your fire side, I want a challenge"

Shoto: "I won't go easy on you I want to win, but I'm not using my fire side."

Izuku: "because of your father? We've talked about this, it's your quirk not his. Use it." We're waiting to go in the arena, we're in the alley way.

Auntie: "now, competing to have a chance to win first or second place, Shoto todoroki and Itsuki Akidio." I run round to the other side and onto the stage.

Auntie: "ready, set FIGHT"

Shoto sends a wall of ice in my direction, I shatter it to pieces using OFA. The ice catches on the light and shines in people's eyes, it catches shotos. I used a trick Iida used earlier, I run quickly while sliding on the floor creating smoke and dust. It hides me from shotos eyes. I go on the right side of him. He will expect me to go on his left since he doesn't use it as much, that means he has less control and would be a good option to attack his weaker side. I don't though, he will be watching his weaker side while leaving his left side unprotected. Then I jump high in the air and aim a kick at him. I catch him by surprise and knock him out the arena. That was easier than expected. He tried. He looks annoyed that he lost.

Auntie: "Itsuki Akido wins this round!" I offer Shoto my hand, I pull him up and we shake hands. I go back inside. I made it to the final round. Iida and Tokoyami tied 4th since Iida had a family emergency and Tokoyami agreed to sharing 4th. Shotos 3rd now. Im up against kacchan next. He's not going to go easy on me, but if he creates explosions he will create a smoke screen and I could take him out in a similar way I took out sho.

Im called to the stage. As I expected kacchan immediately starts creating explosions, I get to the ground and start crawling. I listen and look at his shoes. I see them start to get closer so I roll to the side of him, he doesn't see me yet. I stand up slowly, activate my quirk but make sure it's not visible. I take my jacket off, I have another shirt underneath, I do what uraraka did earlier and I throw my shirt in the air. He sees the shadow it creates and turns around and looks up, I charge for his ankles. I throw him in the air and punch him out of the arena into the wall using 20% full cowling. The crowd starts cheering.

Hizashi: "WOOOO ITSUKI AKIDIO WINS FIRST PLACEE" I head over to check on kacchan. He shoves my hand away. I go back to the waiting rooms.

Kirishima: "that.....was SO MANLY"

Uraraka: "congratulations Akidio, you got first place!"

Kacchan comes in the room. He holds his hand out to shake mine.

Kacchan: "thanks for not going easy on me. It's hard to find someone actually strong to fight." I shake his hand. Was all he looking for was someone to fight?

During the...'bestowing of the medals' kacchan had to be chained up since he didn't want to receive the medal because he lost.

After school we go home.