Chapter 23: hero stuff

Izuku midoria PoV
Due to our class being involved in lots of villain attacks and even being attacked ourselves we will be able to apply for our hero licenses. Typically the test if for second or third years. 1b is doing it too.

Today instead of going to school we did  the test. It was pretty simple. I passed, kacchan and Shoto were the only ones that didn't pass. I've seem to have ran into a problem. Attention. I'm meant to be undercover, but this family and the reporters keep drawing attention to me. I need to find something or someone to take the attention of me. We're starting business studies next week, maybe I'll find something then. I still haven't found out who the secret agent is in 1B and none particularly stand out.

Next week

Allmight: "young Akidio, gran Torino asked me to pass this on to you. Since he doesn't take business students he recommends joining sir nighteyes. Young mirio is also there."

Izuku: thanks allmight I'll check it out. I'll find mirio. I don't really have anything else to say about it so it's just kind of awkward before I end up walking away.

I eventually find mirio with the other two people that are in the top 3. I tap on his shoulder.

Mirio: "oh hey! Your Akidio right? Allmight said your going to try and get into Sir nighteyes business study, I'll warn you now it's really hard. Anyway come with me" he just starts dragging me to nighteyes office. He slams the door open "Hey nighteye, Akidio here wants to try and apply for your business study thing"

Nighteye: "I see well I'm afraid that won't happen, you see I already have 2 sidekicks and 1 business study student. Why would I break that perfect balance?"

Izuku: hello, even if it's not possible I would still like to try. I will do whatever it takes to become a good hero

Nighteye: "Can you not speak? Or do you just want to be disrespectful to me?"

Izuku: I'm selectively mute sir, I don't mean any disrespect.

Nighteye: "well how will you communicate with other hero's whilst fighting, you won't always have time to write everything down." I got to admit that's a good point. I guess I don't have much of a choice. I'll just make my voice sound a bit softer.

Izuku: "in those circumstances I will talk sir. But for now I'm able to write down what I want to say."

Nighteye: "very well, talk to me during this interview. What you need to do is take the stamp from my hand and stamp the contract, that means you will be apart of my business study. Understand?"

Izuku: "yes sir."  He stands on the other side of the room holding what I need to get. Mirio leaves the room, I suppose he had something to do.

Nighteye: "start when you're ready."

I look around the room. There's a limited edition allmight poster, it wasn't available to the public. I'll try not to step on the merch, it must be worth a lot. I charge forward but when I get close I change directions, I jump of the wall and launch myself towards nighteye. He steps to the side so I miss him. It's like coys quirk, I know how to beat it. Their quirks can overload. So I need to keep charging at him to overload his quirk until it can't keep up. I bounce off the walls, careful not to step on the merch, it's a bit clumsy because I'm not stepping on the merch so I have to quickly move my feet. After 5 minutes of trying to overload him his reaction time starts to slow. A few more minutes and I can get the stamp. Then I see an opening, I jump at him, he doesn't have time to react and I grab the stamp and stamp my contract.

Izuku: "your quirk has a flaw, it gets overloaded. It can't predict everything in such a short matter of time so if a bunch of things were launching at you like I just did then it wouldn't have time to predict what will happen, therefore you wouldn't be able to dodge the attacks." I walk over to him and hand him the contract "now, when do I start?" He can't see my smile due to my mask covering it. It looks like I'm completely serious when I'm laughing my head of on the inside. Like I just beat a pro hero in a few minutes, I'm personally pretty impressed with myself.