Chapter 24: School dorms

(I know this isn't in order of what happens in the series, I forgot about the dorms)
Izuku midoria PoV

About a week after I found eri we were told about the school dorms. Since our class is constantly in trouble principal Nezu said it would be best if we moved into dorms. When we were told that I thought about all the paintings I did in my room at home, I'll have to redo them. When I get home I start packing up to save time later.

Knock knock

I open the door.

Shota: "hey some mail came for you. Are you packing already? The dorms won't be ready for a few days."

Izuku: I like to be prepared, thanks for binging me this. I close my door and open the letters.... My eyes start forming tears. It's their death certificates.

Ace:
Age 15
Sex: male
Quirk: lucky charm
Reason of death: war.

Sunny:
Age: 21
Sex:male
Quirk: healing
Reason of death: war.

Elijah todoroki:
Age: 21
Sex: male
Quirk: cremation
Reason of death: war

Isaiah todoroki:
Age: 21
Sex: male
Quirk: dry ice
Reason of death: war

All of their deaths were put as war due to their body's not being recovered meaning the true reasons couldn't be found. With their death certificates their discharge papers come aswell. This legally removes them from the military, from our base, from unit DEKU. I put my back to the door and slide to the floor. It's official, my friends are officially dead. I know that they were dead before but having legal papers just makes it feel...more real than it already was. I wipe my face and put the papers with all the pictures I have of them. My door opens

Eri: "mr deku?" She can't read that well so I always talk when I need to communicate with her

Izuku: "what is it eri?"

Eri: "before you leave can you paint something's on my walls like you have in your room?"

Izuku: "sure, anything you have in mind?"

Eri: "I don't think so. What do you have on your walls?"

Izuku: "I have a galaxy, floating islands and mythical creatures and some flowers" she looks at the flowers.

Eri: "why do you have so many different flowers? Shouldn't they look nice not messy?"

Izuku: "well these flowers remind me of some very close friends that I lost, I painted a different flower to represent how I view them. For example I knew twins so I made them the same flower just a different colour"

Eri: "ooo, can I have that too? Like a purple one for Hitoshi, orange for Pomeranian man, black for mr shota, yellow for mr hizashi, blue one for Toya and green for you!"

Izuku: "sure, why don't you pick out some flowers and I'll come and paint them later, ask someone to help you pick flower types." She nods and runs away, I continue packing. I haven't actually seen any of my friends since they died, I thought they would have came and visited but they haven't. To be fair I didn't leave a note and from what I hear there's a lot of paperwork in the afterlife. I think back to all the things we did together. Often sunny wouldn't come because he was the more responsible one. We once broke into a bowling alley, the camper van, staying over night in places. There's one memory that just sticks with me. I have it in my files, it's a recording.